Overton stadium demo

chumley7

Hey MNPS guys drove by Johnny O this weekend on I65 and saw that the visitors concession stand and most of the visitors bleachers are/have been knocked down. I'm guessing ADA non compliant. Hate to see these old stadiums go. But most of these old concrete stadiums have been in need of a facelift. I guess an aluminum stadium kit is what they will install.

I think only on home side from about 20 to 20. All these older fields with fences inside the track need to go. These players are bigger faster stronger now. It's dangerous for teams and officials especially with TSSAA wanting everyone out of the 2 yard belt.

I think only on home side from about 20 to 20. All these older fields with fences inside the track need to go. These players are bigger faster stronger now. It's dangerous for teams and officials especially with TSSAA wanting everyone out of the 2 yard belt.

Yea I seen a few people have to clear or flip over our fence.

Hey MNPS guys drove by Johnny O this weekend on I65 and saw that the visitors concession stand and most of the visitors bleachers are/have been knocked down. I'm guessing ADA non compliant. Hate to see these old stadiums go. But most of these old concrete stadiums have been in need of a facelift. I guess an aluminum stadium kit is what they will install.

Concrete on one side and aluminum on the other?

Guess it will look like McGavock. Was the field in that bad of shape. Should've just spent the extra 500 grand and installed the fieldturf. Nashville area schools will be the last to get fieldturf. Knoxville and Memphis already have several public schools with it already.

Guess it will look like McGavock. Was the field in that bad of shape. Should've just spent the extra 500 grand and installed the fieldturf. Nashville area schools will be the last to get fieldturf. Knoxville and Memphis already have several public schools with it already.

Memphis has turf fields because not many schools in the city have home fields so they end up having to play at another schools home stadium.

Why can't they go out and find some donors give them the opportunity to put their name on it. I'm sure Pilot truck stops has their name on all the fields in Knoxville. Make these builders building all these condos bringing more and more people to an overcrowded Nashville contribute.