Anderson County 2017

Space3

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I seen some of the kids lifting weights last week and I got to say they are getting big. Does anyone know when spring practice starts?

Space Spring ball will start next week.  Excited to see all these guys on the field, QB has gained some weight, looks much stronger than last two years, Carroll, Powell, Phillips, Wilson,Hatmaker, Capenter, Elliott all looked good at weekend 7V7 in Nashville.  Baseball has 6-7 players that will come back and make an immediate impact on spring ball as well.  The OL-DL is almost all back from last year.  Coaches have been on these guys all winter about

being discipline and having a purpose each day in the weightroom.  I can't wait. Hope you can come by some practices.

Space Spring ball will start next week.  Excited to see all these guys on the field, QB has gained some weight, looks much stronger than last two years, Carroll, Powell, Phillips, Wilson,Hatmaker, Capenter, Elliott all looked good at weekend 7V7 in Nashville.  Baseball has 6-7 players that will come back and make an immediate impact on spring ball as well.  The OL-DL is almost all back from last year.  Coaches have been on these guys all winter about

being discipline and having a purpose each day in the weightroom.  I can't wait. Hope you can come by some practices.

Give updates.

Edited by Space3

The Mavs scrimmaged this morning. They looked very athletic looking up front, guys can move on the perimeter.  Noe, Roberts, Elliott, Chapman, Barera,  all back from last year up front.  Several big lineman on the field as well, one or two that were 6'4/6'5 and several that will block ya to the track if they can.    They had three different backs carry the ball.  Looks like all the RBs are 200+ pounds and all run the ball hard.  Several long runs, Gallahar and Phillips will get the lion share, but the all three were big backs.  On the edge, Carroll, Miller, Dunsmore and Powell all caught balls for scores. Moog was a beast as usual.   He is a 225 pound machine.   He can play any position they put him at, and they moved him all over the place.   Martin is just special.  He had a yellow on but didn't need it, noone was gonna touch him.  The Defense was just a bunch of dogs today, they were all over the place, big hits, fumbles, interceptions were about every play.  The coaches were excited, saw several jumping around, running up the sidelines on big runs and just having fun.   Friday, the Mavs head up to Dumplin Valley to face Jeff County.  They will be a more physical team at Jeff and the Mavs will have to have to good week before heading over there.  Should be a great scrimmage, a very physical one the Mavs will embrace.     

How'd the scrimmage go?

The Mavericks made the drive up to Dumplin Valley for the first time ever, and came away healthy and with a ton of confidence.  The Stat Man says Stanton Martin was on fire, completing passes to 11 different receivers for over 600 yards of total offense.  5 different Mavericks scored led by Hatmaker, who had two catch and runs over 40 yards for TDs.  The Mavericks can still run the ball as Gallahar and Phillips took most of the snaps.   The Mavericks showed a lot of depth on both sides of the ball as did Jeff Co, who had 95+ dressed out for the scrimmage.   I saw where Tvol called the defense out from last year.  I know scores are scores, no excuses, but this defense is bigger and seemed to be all over the double wing offense from Jeff.  Seemed like the Jeff O Line was bigger by a lot, and the Maverick DL just dominated the line of scrimmage  Jeff is no Greeneville, Catholic or Fulton, I get that, but JEff is gonna be good this year in 6A, I think they will win several games just grinding it out, but the Maverick DL and linebackers were gang tackling the play all night.  I think Jeff scored late, but most of the night it was gang

tackling big plays for the Mavericks.  It was fun to watch the coaches getting excited like we are used to seeing.  It was a night of big hits and big plays for the Mavericks in front of a good crowd at Jeff.  Coach Riley has a ton of players at Jeff, and I look forward to seeing how they do this year.  I am not calling district title yet, but Get your season tickets early this year for the Maverick Home games, they are gonna be fun to watch. 

Mavs back with some Aerial Assault ! Its about time sounds like a fun and exciting year with the new schedule. Region? LOL too early for that thought but it appears they are ready for a run. Great new coaches and it appears new schemes. Sounds like the OL and DL are ready. This is going to be exciting. Still wish we could beat CCHS again and stay undefeated! Great rivalry! QB is confident and again sounds like he has an arm with accuracy. That's all I know anyone with updates let me know. I just was watching Video. Too far up here in Seattle to see them live. Sure wish I could.