Donavan Stewart Spring 6A top 10

dannyq

Interesting. The two teams that played in last year's championship game have the least amount of starters returning. He has the number 2 team on the list being a team that has a brand new HC. I can't blame that selection either. The assumption will be that Maryville will continue to be Maryville even though GQ is no longer on the sidelines. The residual affect of GQ's influence will still be felt for a while, in my opinion. I think it will linger for at least the next two seasons. Then throw in last year's champion and runner-up from 5A. 

I wonder, would he have just flipped the positions of Oakland and Whitehaven in this list if the results of last year's championship game would have been reversed? Food for thought.

Anywho ... it's a good stab at it. 

Edited by kwc

If we are talking Class 6A then all conversations must start with Maryville. They don't end there because there are a lot of good 6A teams.

Maryville will not drop off any, they have so much talent in their pipelines it is scary. I cannot remember a time when Oak Ridge has beaten a Maryville Freshmen, JV or varsity team.

Best of luck to all the 6A teams but Go Maryville

RWR!

In reality there are probably a half dozen teams max actually capable of winning a state championship in each classification every year.  Donovan did a pretty solid job in this 6A projection, in my opinion.  At this point it is hard to rank teams 1,2,3, etc, but I think his top 6-8 are pretty much on the money, and they could probably be ranked 1-8 in just about any order.  

Donnovan is a good friend and a solid contributor.  I know for a fact that he talks to a lot of football people statewide and gets a ton of input from people who are closely involved before he puts out those projections.  It's not something he takes lightly.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, CheckerboardEndzone said:

IMHO, Bradley always seems to be rated well pre-season.

Replacing the QB will be no small feat, and their schedule is challenging.

Time will tell whether they earn the attention.

They are ranked high for good reason. They have been a tough team the past few years.