Region 7 5A

Whats your thoughts on the Rossview/CHS game Pilgrim?

I love that this is the first game of the year. What a huge rivalry and fun atmosphere.

As for the game, I don’t think either team will look much like the teams that played last year.

Rossview:

• I think Hood will bring an element to the offense that will redefine Rossview football.
  • Although he is walking into a tremendous program with lots of support, He still will have some challenges of any first year coach.
  • I’m not sure Coach Hood will appreciate the intensity of this game, until he experiences it.
  • Rossview is the 2nd toughest game on Clarksville’s schedule (next to HC). They are strong offensively, with a good O-line and stout backfield.

Clarksville:

• Had a tremendously weak defense last year and they know it. This game with test them right out of the gate.
  • Clarksville’s offense averaged 14+ points per game last year. They will most likely need at least 28 against the Hawks.  
  • Although I am always the optimist, I do believe both teams will perform well and will carry that momentum into the rest of the season.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, Oldschoolwildcat1970 said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I believe Rossview will score at will. Not losing many, and with a sound coaching staff, CHS will not be able to stop them. Nor will they be able to score much.

Yea, it could get ugly. RV didn't lose much including the entire offensive line. I don't see CHS keeping up at all in this one. RV with an upgraded the coaching staff  will not be good for CHS either. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here are Sonny Moore’s Computer Power Ratings

Start of the Season

Henry County - 5A: 8th    TN: 47th

Northeast -         5A: 18th    TN: 93rd

Dyer County -    5A: 32nd    TN: 147th

Clarksville -         5A: 34th    TN: 161st

Northwest -       5A: 37th    TN: 183rd

Kenwood -          5A: 39th    TN: 192nd

West Creek -      5A: 50th    TN: 255th

On 7/31/2017 at 1:07 PM, Pilgrim said:

Here are Sonny Moore’s Computer Power Ratings

Start of the Season

Henry County - 5A: 8th    TN: 47th

Northeast -         5A: 18th    TN: 93rd

Dyer County -    5A: 32nd    TN: 147th

Clarksville -         5A: 34th    TN: 161st

Northwest -       5A: 37th    TN: 183rd

Kenwood -          5A: 39th    TN: 192nd

West Creek -      5A: 50th    TN: 255th

I'd say Northwest and CHS need to be switched. Just my opinion

I don't understand why a coach leaves a program AFTER dead period, shells practice and joins a new school during first week of full pads.  Have know Coach Clark and knew of his struggles with Houston Co. football.

Good luck to the NEHS Eagles.  They might throw it for 4000 yds this year.

Should.  4 WR, 1 Rb.  skill kids at WR.  Power back at  B.  Might need a speed guy there also.  Hope QB does what he is capable of doing and plays within himself.  Get the ball to the playmakers!  Didn't see Greenbrier scrimmage, looked OK vs. Cheatham and they should have.