MIDDLE TN YOUTH WRESTLING CAMP FOR CHAMPS

FHSmatmen

MIDDLE TENNESSEE YOUTH WRESTLING CAMP FOR CHAMPS

(Grades 1st—8th)

JUNE 1st—3rd 2017

Pre-registration begins now through May 19th, 2017!

After May 19th all registrations will be considered late...a late fee will apply. Campers will check-in on June 1st at 8:00 am Thursday morning for registration@ Franklin High School’s Gym

PLACE: Franklin H.S. (Main Gym) 810 Hillsboro Road Franklin, Tn. 37064

CAMP TIMES: 8:30am—12:00pm

CAMP INCLUDES

* Dedicated Staff * 2 hrs. of instruction each day, Live wrestling * Entry into Camp Tournament , Intense Drills * Camp T-Shirt

Campers Must Bring: Wrestling Shoes *Head-Gear * Extra T-shirt per session (if needed), Knee pads,* braces (if needed)

Bring a sack lunch or - **the camp will have a full concession stand available for campers to buy lunch ...standard lunch is $5 a day.

CAMP TOURNAMENT

A wrestling tournament will be held during the third day of camp. Medals will be awarded to the top four wrestlers in each weight class, and a trophy will be awarded to the Outstanding Wrestler of the tournament. (Wrestlers will be grouped according to age/rounded weight classNOTE: The camp director reserves the right to add, delete or combine any weight classes.

CAMP DESIGN AND CURRICULUM

We, the instructional staff, have designed this camp for the Youth Wrestler, Our goal and objective is to teach your child how to win matches using high percentage scoring moves and holds, that will work at the Youth, Jr. high and High School level. For a wrestler to succeed consistently, he must be good from all positions. Many camps are simply thrown together with no real focal point or plan for building a well rounded wrestler. Middle Tennessee Youth Wrestling Camp for Champs has been carefully planned with a sequence of instruction, review sessions, and (muscle memory) drills, that will help the wrestler score from all positions.

Guest clinicians:

* James Woodall: Penn State Wrestler, University Greco-Roman World Champion, Pennsylvania State H.S. Champion.     Head Wrestling Coach PA.

* Jeramie Welder: TWF Wrestling coach of the year. TEAM TN Coach, U. of Nebraska, Wasbo club coach.

* Jack Shrader: 2017 TN State Wrestling, voted best  State Tournament wrestling match by TSSAA, Wilco Award Finalist

STAFF: Franklin High School Coaching staff and current  wrestlers team members.

DOWNLOAD or COPY and PASTE the link below into your browser:

http://www.wcs.edu/fhs/wp-content/uploads/sites/98/2017/04/2017-Summer-Youth-Wrestling-Camp.pdf