Heritage Mountaineers 2017

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I went and watched us scrimmage tonight and it wasn't very pretty front 7 on defense I think is gonna be alright but dbs are gonna struggle i think one of them made a great play the second series of the game jumped an out route and took it down to the 5 but then our qb threw a pick right after gotta fix the turnovers we don't really have anybody this year either who when they get the ball can do much with it after they get it not as many athletes as last years team were young though i saw some  potential but this season with the new region is probably gonna be a rough one to be honest

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Heritage tries really hard and play their as#$# off, but absolutely zero speed.

Agreed any team with speed always kills us offense has got too play better defense was on the field alot I think the defense can be pretty good stopped Oak Ridge the first few drives but can't turn the ball over like that and give good teams  short fields or defensive tds bad news written all over it I think we get too pass happy sometimes too would've like too seen more read options we started running that the last two games of the yr last seaon and had some real success with it

Can't see Heritage fans getting too down no matter the situation.  The five or six times I've been there over the years fans cheer for: touchdowns, first downs, good tackles, good catches, individual players and the team as a whole. This speaks well for the community that has been developed. Good luck this year and have fun!!!

• 3 weeks later...