Lake County 2017.

The falcons return 18 starters from last year. Most of them will be sophomores and juniors this season. The falcons scrimmaged 5A Dyer County yesterday. The falcons had one day of practice with everyone there do to baseball season. The falcons lost 8tds to 6. DC threw the ball at will on the falcons but couldn't run the ball at all. The falcons moved the ball well but 6 turnovers killed 6 drives. LC must get the pass defense and the turnovers corrected. All in all not a bad showing for 1 day of non contact practice. Lots of room for improvement.LC will play at Obion Central next Friday night and there should be big improvement. LC will not see anyone on the schedule that throws the football like DC.Look for LC to have a very solid football team this fall.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The falcons return 18 starters from last year. Most of them will be sophomores and juniors this season. The falcons scrimmaged 5A Dyer County yesterday. The falcons had one day of practice with everyone there do to baseball season. The falcons lost 8tds to 6. DC threw the ball at will on the falcons but couldn't run the ball at all. The falcons moved the ball well but 6 turnovers killed 6 drives. LC must get the pass defense and the turnovers corrected. All in all not a bad showing for 1 day of non contact practice. Lots of room for improvement.LC will play at Obion Central next Friday night and there should be big improvement. LC will not see anyone on the schedule that throws the football like DC.Look for LC to have a very solid football team this fall.

Good job playing with the big boys.

Not sure if this tells more about Lake Co or Dyer Co though

LC/OC always have spirited contest. The two schools do not like one another to much. It is a shame Obion Central will not schedule the falcons in a regular season match up. Used to be a big gate for both schools. I guess Central has nothing to gain from it. They win everyone says they are supposed to but if they lose it looks bad on them losing to a 1A school. My personal opinion is OC, LC and Union City should play each other every year.

LC/OC always have spirited contest. The two schools do not like one another to much. It is a shame Obion Central will not schedule the falcons in a regular season match up. Used to be a big gate for both schools. I guess Central has nothing to gain from it. They win everyone says they are supposed to but if they lose it looks bad on them losing to a 1A school. My personal opinion is OC, LC and Union City should play each other every year.

I agree.Would love to continue playing those schools.

That freshman class y'all have is loaded. After talking to the former LC basketball coach, I believe the hype. He showed me videos of the Mays and Gross kids lifting, and those are the strongest freshmen I've ever seen no matter the class. If what he told me is true, the Mays kid is a future D1 OL. Not too many of them in 1A. And there are 9 or 10 in that class that started last year? Looking more and more like LC is getting back to the days I remember in the 80s. Another thing he told me was your HC is one of the best offensive minds around, and the DC is great also. Always good to have an assistant with tons of HC experience on your staff. I can't wait to come watch a game or two this year. Maybe they'll remind me of the days with Reese, Avery, and those guys.

Coach Puckett catches alot of heat but he is a very good coach. Coach Dryden the dc is very good. He took a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and made them a decent unit by the end of the year. LC will be good this year and really good for 2 or 3 years after that. The middle school and youth leagues have lots of talent.

• 2 weeks later...