Pitching strategy in postseason

Preppy

It gets really interesting if the ace threw a bunch on Monday, comes back on Friday with 100+, AND THEN the state tourney starts TUESDAY.....only 3 days rest. This is where the rubber meets the road and the teams with top quality #2 & #3 starters will carry the day. There aren't many in Class A that have more than a couple really good pitchers. There are going to be some serious runs scored in Murfreesboro. I just hope we get there......

Elimination games on Monday and Friday.  A seeding game on Wednesday.  I doubt anybody threw their #1 for more than a bullpen on Wednesday.  It's not sound strategy if they did.  These Wednesday scores will not be very indicative of who has the better team a lot of the time. 

Elimination games on Monday and Friday.  A seeding game on Wednesday.  I doubt anybody threw their #1 for more than a bullpen on Wednesday.  It's not sound strategy if they did.  These Wednesday scores will not be very indicative of who has the better team a lot of the time. 

The No. 1s threw on Monday. It's just a matter of how much they threw. This thread was started on Monday.

Just my personal observation but most all high school pitchers begin to get tired somewhere around the 75-80 pitch count.  With getting tired they begin to use poor mechanics and that is when injuries occur.  On a hot (90+) and humid day fatigue may set in earlier and on a cooler day they may be able to go a little longer before becoming fatigued.  This is why it takes about 6 pitchers (3 starters and 3 that can throw strikes) to win a state championship.