Region 7-1A 2017

Yes indeed. Too bad he has to sit this year in football .I know a player has to sit a year from athletics without making a move but didn't know maybe if it could maybe be considered a hardship with his mom transferring schools and becoming principal at Tiptonville.

He will probably be eligible for this football this season.

He will probably be eligible for this football this season.

I agree. Had he previously played at LCHS he may have to sit a year. However, he didn't. His whole high school career has been in Dyersburg so he should be able to come back to his zoned school without penalty. Now if he comes back to Lake Co and then tries to go back to Dyersburg without a move he would have to sit. I could be completely wrong.

I agree. Had he previously played at LCHS he may have to sit a year. However, he didn't. His whole high school career has been in Dyersburg so he should be able to come back to his zoned school without penalty. Now if he comes back to Lake Co and then tries to go back to Dyersburg without a move he would have to sit. I could be completely wrong.

That is way I understood it. No high school athletic record at LC. He should be eligible.If he returned to Dyersburg he would sit out a year. I highly doubt a return to Dyersburg for this young man.

That is way I understood it. No high school athletic record at LC. He should be eligible.If he returned to Dyersburg he would sit out a year. I highly doubt a return to Dyersburg for this young man.

I think the rule reads as long as he./she has no record at playing a certain sport at any school. When my son transferred I was told by athletic director he'd have to sit because a move wasn't being made.Since he was a sophomore he didn't play any sports at Dyer Co.I was told had he played any sports,hed have had to sit.But since he had no athletic record,he could play immediately.So I'm thinking since he has a football record at Dyersburg and probably baseball as well,he'd have to sit unless the TSSAA looks at it as a hardship with his mother transferring schools.

I think the rule reads as long as he./she has no record at playing a certain sport at any school.I don't think it matters that he has no record at LC.But he does at Dyersburg. When my son transferred I was told by athletic director he'd have to sit because a move wasn't being made.Since he was a sophomore he didn't play any sports at Dyer Co.I was told had he played any sports while at Dyer Co ,hed have had to sit.But since he had no athletic record,he could play immediately.So I'm thinking since he has a football record at Dyersburg and probably baseball as well,he'd have to sit unless the TSSAA looks at it as a hardship with his mother transferring schools.

I think the rule reads as long as he./she has no record at playing a certain sport at any school.I don't think it matters that he has no record at LC.But he does at Dyersburg. When my son transferred I was told by athletic director,Eddie Cain  he'd have to sit because a move wasn't being made from Newbern to Lake Co..Since he was a sophomore he didn't play any sports at Dyer Co.I was told had he played any sports while at Dyer Co ,hed have had to sit.But since he had no athletic record,he could play immediately.So I'm thinking since he has a football record at Dyersburg and probably baseball as well,he'd have to sit unless the TSSAA looks at it as a hardship with his mother transferring schools.I had to talk to Gene Meness of the TSSAA and he told me this was correct.

I think the rule reads as long as he./she has no record at playing a certain sport at any school.I don't think it matters that he has no record at LC.But he does at Dyersburg. When my son transferred I was told by athletic director,Eddie Cain he'd have to sit because a move wasn't being made from Newbern to Lake Co..Since he was a sophomore he didn't play any sports at Dyer Co.I was told had he played any sports while at Dyer Co ,hed have had to sit.But since he had no athletic record,he could play immediately.So I'm thinking since he has a football record at Dyersburg and probably baseball as well,he'd have to sit unless the TSSAA looks at it as a hardship with his mother transferring schools.I had to talk to Gene Meness of the TSSAA and he told me this was correct.

It not that complicated. It is a hardship and that's why he will be eligible. His mother was his means for transportation to school unless Dyersburg runs buses in Lake Co then he has no means of transportation. Mother and father both live and work in Lake Co. His eligibility should be no issue. Your issue was totally different than this one. I don't understand why people want to make a big deal about this. Its all pretty simple and totally legit.

What's going on in Dresden, So. Fulton, Greenfield, Gleason, Humboldt and West Carroll? Dresden has a ton of posters on the T. So Fulton has a couple as does Humboldt and West Carroll. Nobody is talking. I cannot wait until football season.

Dresden fans are taking turns polishing that gold ball.. they don't feel like talking yet.. even though I have a strong feeling they're reading everything.

What's going on in Dresden, So. Fulton, Greenfield, Gleason, Humboldt and West Carroll? Dresden has a ton of posters on the T. So Fulton has a couple as does Humboldt and West Carroll. Nobody is talking. I cannot wait until football season.

Well I still haven't had any opportunities to stop by and actually watch but the other day we had to of had 40+ kids out for an 8am workout. That's a very promising sign. Our numbers have been steadily decreasing the past few years so it's nice to see a good turnaround.

Our kids in Atwood are definitely improving in strength and size too. Our QB has grown considerably since last season ended and from what a coach tells me he's gotten faster too. Our QB and both main RBs are running in the 4.6 range so that's also promising. We need to put a quality line together but just judging by the #'s on the board in the field house we have some linemen with strength.

I still say #12 is poised for a big season he's getting bigger, from the board he's getting stronger too, he's increased his bench press 20 pounds alone in the past two weeks and he's getting faster too. He gave teams fits last year toward the end of his freshman campaign.. I expect that to definitely continue.

Well I still haven't had any opportunities to stop by and actually watch but the other day we had to of had 40+ kids out for an 8am workout. That's a very promising sign. Our numbers have been steadily decreasing the past few years so it's nice to see a good turnaround.

Our kids in Atwood are definitely improving in strength and size too. Our QB has grown considerably since last season ended and from what a coach tells me he's gotten faster too. Our QB and both main RBs are running in the 4.6 range so that's also promising. We need to put a quality line together but just judging by the #'s on the board in the field house we have some linemen with strength.

I still say #12 is poised for a big season he's getting bigger, from the board he's getting stronger too, he's increased his bench press 20 pounds alone in the past two weeks and he's getting faster too. He gave teams fits last year toward the end of his freshman campaign.. I expect that to definitely continue.

If West Carroll has 3 backs in the 4.6 range with a half way decent line then they will be very dangerous. I don't recall that kind of speed when LC played them last year. Kids can get stronger and faster in a year's time. I still think it's a two team race for the region title. I think West Carroll, So.Fulton and Humboldt will fight it out for the other two playoff spots.

If West Carroll has 3 backs in the 4.6 range with a half way decent line then they will be very dangerous. I don't recall that kind of speed when LC played them last year. Kids can get stronger and faster in a year's time. I still think it's a two team race for the region title. I think West Carroll, So.Fulton and Humboldt will fight it out for the other two playoff spots.

I misspoke #5 is more in the 4.7 range #12 and #22 both run solid 4.6's as an upcoming sophomore and junior respectively. #22 didn't get much playing time last year I believe he's newer to football. But yes I totally agree its between LC and Dresden for the region.

That being said if our line is sturdy I think we can be a challenger in the 18 season. A lot of our talent is in the sophomore and Jr classes