Region 7-1A 2017

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

These were my youngin days so forgive me if I'm not totally accurate but I remember Greenfield having two 9-3 seasons I believe  98 and 01 but that's the best I can remember them being 

Yeah Greenfield had a couple of 9 win seasons. In the 80's and 90s they were a 5 or 6 win team for the most part. They have really struggled in the last decade or so. Hard to win at a school with less than 175 students. 

27 minutes ago, fallguy17 said:

LC68, I had a chance to see your Falcons briefly at UTM's 7on7 today. I know it is just a passing game, but I was thoroughly impressed. Y'all will have a great season.

I heard they beat Dresden, Mckenzie and Ripley.  Lost to Haywood, Dyer County and McNairy Co. Then lost to North Panola in the playoff. Not bad at all. It is just 7 on 7 but I think the falcons could have a really good year. Most of the team make up is juniors, sophomores and freshmen.  The future is very bright.  If the falcons can stay healthy they will be very dangerous come playoff time. 

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I heard they beat Dresden, Mckenzie and Ripley.  Lost to Haywood, Dyer County and McNairy Co. Then lost to North Panola in the playoff. Not bad at all. It is just 7 on 7 but I think the falcons could have a really good year. Most of the team make up is juniors, sophomores and freshmen.  The future is very bright.  If the falcons can stay healthy they will be very dangerous come playoff time. 

I caught part of their matchup with Dresden. It got very competitive, lol. I wish I could catch that game on Sept 1, but we'll be at Peabody. If y'all don't win the region you'll give the Lions fits getting there. 2018 is yours for the taking.

Edited by fallguy17

1 minute ago, fallguy17 said:

I caught part of their matchup with Dresden. It got very competitive, lol. I wish I could catch that game on Sept 1, but we'll be at Peabody. If y'all don't win the region you'll give the Lions fits getting there. 2018 is yours for the taking.

Looking forward to the match up with Dresden.  I have a feeling LC will play them twice this year. I expect Union City will make a very deep run in 2a. UC in my mind is the team that will win 2a.

Revised region predictions based solely on returning starters. Disclaimer I will do anothet after every team completes fall camp.

1 Dresden experience still counts

1A Lake County will be the surprise of 1a football in the west. Teams better beat them this year because the next two it will be tough to do.

3 Humboldt still will have plenty of athletes

4 West Carroll return more starters than I thought.  They could finish 3rd. 

5 So.Fulton they are always a scrappy bunch. May finish has high as 3rd

6 Gleason returns 14 starters and Lampkins always gets the most of what he's got to work with

7 Greenfield inexperienced and not sure if Pitt is still coach or do they have a new guy.

What is everyone elses take on this region.

Edited by lakecounty1968

I tend to agree with this. Dresden will be a much different team this year from what I'm hearing. Doubt you see many downfield bombs like last year. My thought is we will use screens and slants for our passing offense. Run first offense.

Wouldn't surprise me if we finish second in the district to LC. We do return kids with plenty of playing time but we will have a learning curve with new coach and kids moving into starting role instead of fill in positions. The starters we have coming back are ballers.

I was surprised to see so many starters coming back from WC and Gleason.

Should be interesting.

8 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Revised region predictions based solely on returning starters. Disclaimer I will do anothet after every team completes fall camp.

1 Dresden experience still counts

1A Lake County will be the surprise of 1a football in the west. Teams better beat them this year because the next two it will be tough to do.

3 Humboldt still will have plenty of athletes

4 West Carroll return more starters than I thought.  They could finish 3rd. 

5 So.Fulton they are always a scrappy bunch. May finish has high as 3rd

6 Gleason returns 14 starters and Lampkins always gets the most of what he's got to work with

7 Greenfield inexperienced and not sure if Pitt is still coach or do they have a new guy.

What is everyone elses take on this region.

Yes we return 14 I'm hoping we can pull it together and get that playoff spot. I'm hoping for the 3 seed myself.  We're a very soph and Jr heavy team. I can only think of 2 seniors that will start maybe 3. This is a big year for us in terms of taking that next step.