• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Welcome to CoachT.com Message Boards

Take part in our online community by signing up! Get in the game today! This message disappears when you sign in.

davidlimbaugh

Baserunning 101 - Go to the next base

14 posts in this topic

Definitely looked like he touched 3rd in the video. He was at least close

enough for the umpires to say, "sorry coach, ballgame." That's a crappy

way to win and very crappy way to lose such a big game. 4 man crew, why

appeal to the plate ump? 3rd base ump is right there, 5 feet away from the

bag, that is his call.

As an umpire it pains me to say this, but I have a feeling they honestly were not looking if R2 touched 3rd or not. Chances are he didn't.

Touching 3rd or not touching 3rd is not appealable because it's a judgement call. The only thing that would be appealable is the dicision to call the runner out and thereby not allowing the run. Is that a correct interpretation of the rule? I believe it is a correct interpretation but I would hate to win that way.

Touching 3rd or not touching 3rd is not appealable because it's a judgement call. The only thing that would be appealable is the dicision to call the runner out and thereby not allowing the run. Is that a correct interpretation of the rule? I believe it is a correct interpretation but I would hate to win that way.

Wrong.

Missing a base is absolutely appealable.  If you call a runner out, what is the reasoning?  Because you appeal that he missed a base.  The runners have the responsibility to run/touch the bases in proper order, failing to do that and the defensive appealing that the runner failed to do that, happens in the form of an appeal.

Wrong.

Missing a base is absolutely appealable. If you call a runner out, what is the reasoning? Because you appeal that he missed a base. The runners have the responsibility to run/touch the bases in proper order, failing to do that and the defensive appealing that the runner failed to do that, happens in the form of an appeal.

I misspoke and used the wrong terminology. It is appealable. They ruled on the appeal at the game. It is not protestable, which is what they are trying to do.

Well they won their appeal.  They play wednesday for the chance to go to the state finals.