A/AA State Bracket

PJM

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the blind draw (one exception that teams from the same region be placed on opposite sides of the bracket), I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that it was impossible for the draw to take place until after the two matches today.  Same for AAA soccer and AA Softball.

In A-AA, there are only 2 groups of teams which had to be placed on opposite sides of the bracket (CPA-Page & JC-JNS).  While the other two pairs from Regions 1-2 and 3-4 were placed on opposite sides to eliminate the possibility of the Boyd-Louden and MCM-MH winners being on the same side, there was a 50-50 chance of Greeneville-CAK and MCM-Boyd being grouped on the same side, as they had of being put on opposite sides.  They did the same thing with AAA (only 4 teams had to be split).  AA softball (as of now with the one remaining game) only had 4 which needed to be split.

All this to say, I am not questioning whether the draw was done blind - although they really should broadcast it live as it would take little more than an iPhone using FaceTime broadcasting live it on a YouTube channel.  But these three draws were not done according to the rules as they put specific teams on opposite sides of the bracket when there is no requirement to do so, nor is there a provision which permits it.

We will face Central Magnet for the 4th straight year, quarters in '14 and '15 and semis last year.  Should be a great match as they looked good today coming from behind 1-0 to force overtime with Louden and then putting the match away in OT.

See everyone in the 'Boro on Tuesday.

Edited by JFW3

Reaction, not trying to 'out you' on these boards (seems like several already know who you are), but your initials wouldn't happen to be S.A. would they?  This is Drew Howe.  I was at the Hixson game and saw you were helping out Dustin.  Good for you man.  It's great to see what a program he has built since I left.  Wish I could have played on a team with that much skill while in high school. 

How did they look against merrol?  Tough opening game draw...any chance they beat CAK?

Reaction, not trying to 'out you' on these boards (seems like several already know who you are), but your initials wouldn't happen to be S.A. would they? This is Drew Howe. I was at the Hixson game and saw you were helping out Dustin. Good for you man. It's great to see what a program he has built since I left. Wish I could have played on a team with that much skill while in high school.

How did they look against merrol? Tough opening game draw...any chance they beat CAK?

Hey man ya it's me. I wish I could of seen you at the game. The program has came a long way since we were playing. We played a pretty good game against Merrol Hyde. They played 6 in the back and made it tough for us to get a goal. Luckily a freshman stepped up and got it done. CAK is a tough first round draw, but our kids are ready for the challenge. They are not happy with just getting in the tournament.

Hey man ya it's me. I wish I could of seen you at the game. The program has came a long way since we were playing. We played a pretty good game against Merrol Hyde. They played 6 in the back and made it tough for us to get a goal. Luckily a freshman stepped up and got it done. CAK is a tough first round draw, but our kids are ready for the challenge. They are not happy with just getting in the tournament.

Boyd just has so much more skill through the whole team than they did 15 years ago, and the Wood kid is the real deal.  If he was a little bigger he could play college ball.