State Tournament

Intensity22

To whom it may concern.

I was made aware of this stream by a friend.  I have never really replied to message boards so I'm sorry if I mess up protocol.  For those  on this stream that myself or TKA has caused frustration I want to apologize.  I would also like to invite you to spend a day with us at the field or school and meet these young ladies and our coaching staff.  I would hope after spending some time with us you would have a different view of our processes and approach to softball and overall actions.

Regarding the left fielder, I was shocked at this one as she is our beloved team captain, 4.0 student who is going to play division 1 softball and attend medical school at Toledo.  She is one of the finest young ladies I have been around and her team loves and respects her.  

Again,  I know as humans we cannot make everyone happy and sometimes we all fail in public and private situations.  I again offer my sincerest apology for anything I or we have done to offend.

I know we were not part of the CAK/Eliz. conflict but got lumped into it by the christian school commonality. 

Marc Weekly

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean if I had to watch TKA dominate the competition the way they've done both in division (Back-to-back state champs) and outside of it (Beat Meigs Co. who won state, Beat GPS who finished state runner up, Beat Gibbs who won state), I would have some anger towards them too. But to call out the coach who has done nothing but put his heart and soul into the program (TKA didn't even have a softball team until 4 years ago), is absolutely ludicrous. I would bet a significant amount of money that the majority of the people on this thread who are upset about how "classless" TKA is would jump at the idea of having their daughters play for him and that program. As for the students/fans, are they not allowed to celebrate? Would you not do the same thing if your son or daughter had just won the state title? If you were still a student, would you not relish the opportunity to celebrate your school's success? I mean come on guys. This is absolutely ridiculous. But then again, if you can't beat them on the field, you guys can always come up victorious on the message boards!

Edited by gotimekells

I would not jump at the idea of my daughter playing for TKA. I would much rather my daughter play at Maryville, Gibbs, GPS, or any other school that does things the right way and values sportsmanship and class. Their coaches don't believe they are owed anything due to their last name.

• 11 months later...

Any idea as to why the T$$AA chooses to not start every softball team on the opening day of the tournament? Four teams must play Wednesday morning and win or lose must play again Wednesday afternoon around 4pm. With plenty of high schools in the area and the last scheduled start on Tuesday being at 530, this in inexcusable. 

2 hours ago, sbcoach12 said:

Any idea as to why the T$$AA chooses to not start every softball team on the opening day of the tournament? Four teams must play Wednesday morning and win or lose must play again Wednesday afternoon around 4pm. With plenty of high schools in the area and the last scheduled start on Tuesday being at 530, this in inexcusable. 

This is my biggest problem with softball at the state tournament.  The girls get screwed!  They treat it like a 4 day travel tournament.  It should be set up just like baseball on Rutherford co school softball flds where kids can have their name called out, music played, better fld conditions and the championship game played at MTSU just like baseball!    

Thats my rant for the day!  

Go Summertown Lady Eagles!