Team camps

dmm88

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the chance to watch most of the Upper Cumberland teams. I will try to give some info on most of them below. 

Pickett and Clarkrange looked by far better than anyone else I got the opportunity to watch. Clarkrange playing two freshman a lot and played a lot of five in, five out. I am sure that won't happen during the regular season, but the Monday twins are going to make an immediate impact in District 6A (so wrong----should still be District 7). Pickett has looked like a well oiled machine so far in camp from the games I have seen. Bilbrey is a huge compliment to an already star studded team returning 4 of their top 6. Pickett will have 8 players that can play any given night, AND 8 players that could play almost anywhere else in the UC! 

Stone Memorial has the chance to be a contender in AAA out of that district. I see them being the host of a sub state game. They are young but very skilled and well coached. The two freshman that will play the most will make an immediate impact for Stone. 

Upperman is going to be very good again, but obviously miss their many losses from a year ago. Levy will be fantastic and Hurst will be very good as well. How the rest of their girls step up will write the story for them next year. 

Cumberland County, I only watched once, but it was a nearly 40 point drubbing to Pickett County. I think they have several pieces to be very solid, but looked way outgunned that day. 

Jackson County looks to be much improved with all their kids back and a year of experience under their belt. Their story for this year will be written by Heady and Pippin, but they have to find a way to knock off PC or CR when it counts. I see them winning 20 games or more. 

Livingston Academy is suffering from losses across the board. 3 seniors returning with not much more than limited playing time meant they struggled in the games I watched. However, they played a lot of kids and I am sure that Coach Riddle was just seeing what all she had. When it gets GO time, I bet they end up being better than they looked at camp. 

York looked and played YOUNNNGGGGGG. Harli Smith is a phenomenal player that will be a handful for any team in the district. Freshman Haylee Johnson will be the 1 and will make an immediate impact for them. Their ship will run as Smith and Johnson run, and they may have the most full plate in the district. For York to win games, those two will have to be at the top of their game EVERY night. 

RBS is young and small, but they have solid guard play and their guards can score the basketball. They can shoot the 3 and shouldn't turn it over much. The test for them will be returning to the most powerful district in the state. 

Clay County will be solid, but will miss Jada Kerr. By all indications, she is not playing this year and that hurts them. However, returning Strong, Arms, and Boone means that the nucleus returns, but also means young players will have to play a deciding role in their ability to compete in the district. 

Gordonsville looked young and they are going to have a really tough go at it in the new district. I see them getting beat up on early and often in district play. 

Those are the ones that I remember the most about. Hopefully everyone enjoys the summer and November/basketball season can't come soon enough! 

I think in single A it starts and ends with Greenfield and Gleason. Maybe Dresden, Peabody, and Huntingdon come along later. In AA it's Westview and South Side, after that it's a HUGE drop off. Lexington, Dyersburg, Covington, Bolivar and Haywood will make a little noise because the entire region as a whole is really down.

Edited by dmm88

I think in single A it starts and ends with Greenfield and Gleason. Maybe Dresden, Peabody, and Huntingdon come along later. In AA it's Westview and South Side, after that it's a HUGE drop off. Lexington, Dyersburg, Covington, Bolivar and Haywood will make a little noise because the entire region as a whole is really down.

Today at Gleason saw Dresden beat Peabody and TCA, Peabody beat Gleason and Camden and lost a close one to Dresden varsity but Peabody jv beat dresden, Gleason lost to Peabody but beat TCA, Gleason jv won vs JCS.. I will say Gleason and Peabody we're basically subbing 5 in 5 out all day. I think all those teams are pretty well even from what I saw today. Would be a Toss up on any given night right now.

• 2 weeks later...

The best teams I've seen at a few of the team camps I attended...

Triple A:

Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Houston, Memphis Central, Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

Double A:

Cumberland County, East Nashville, Westview, South Greene, Page, Macon County

Single A:

Greenfield, Gleason, Clarkrange

On 7/2/2017 at 9:56 PM, GCPioneer said:

The best teams I've seen at a few of the team camps I attended...

Triple A:

Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Houston, Memphis Central, Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

Double A:

Cumberland County, East Nashville, Westview, South Greene, Page, Macon County

Single A:

Greenfield, Gleason, Clarkrange

I saw several of these teams as well and agree on all.  Add to single A, Peabody, Dresden an Pickett.  All 3 looked real solid. I also caught just a glimpse of Huntington. I think they will compete well again this season.