• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

howdoitknow

The 2016 Class 2A State Champions

howdoitknow    25

Do we refer to Marion County as the state champions since they were the runner-up? Do we refer to Waverly as the state champions since they were clearly the second best team in the state? I know who I will not refer to as being the 2016 Class 2A State Champions.

howdoitknow    25

If they are stripped of their title you won't have a state champion. It will simply be vacated.

Well that sucks especially for a school like Waverly. They were clearly a state championship caliber football team last year and got cheated. Vacating a title doesn't make up for the memory of a lifetime that those kids were cheated out of at the end of the day.

Bassy is right. I wouldn't want a title handed to us like that anyway. If it was proven true it's a raw deal for the kids from MC, Waverly or whoever else would have had a shot. But it's an even worse thing for the kids that were manipulated for personal gain from a staff or administration. Until proven otherwise Trezevant is your state champion.

BigEdMo    33

It is not just 2016. 2015 plus the article stated that 131 athletes over the past few years this was done to. It is a sad situation. This past fall there was proof but the powers that be swept it under the rug. TSSAA has to investigate not just take people's word.

Southtowner    271

*** BREAKING NEWS FROM FAKE NEWS ***

It's being reported that Marion County is your 2016 Class 2A State champion.

We go live to the scene in Jasper.  

giphy.gif

*** BREAKING NEWS FROM FAKE NEWS ***

It's being reported that Marion County is your 2016 Class 2A State champion.

We go live to the scene in Jasper.  

giphy.gif

I didn't know that was you filming me lol. 2015 State Champs too

Southtowner    271

I didn't know that was you filming me lol. 2015 State Champs too

I see Bassy in the crowd.   :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1