Liberty HC opening

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, tradertwo said:

Job offered...turned it down. Nuts and bolts are not there to work with...facilities and administrative support are not there to allow coaches to maximize the potential of the kids. SAD. 

25-4...

1 undefeated regular season

2 trips to the semis

1 championship appearance

4-0 vs Milan who will return to their semis run year after year

Facilities don't mean jack squat with these athletes.  Ever been to South Gibson?  Nice facilities, .500 team.  TCA great facilities, not really able to build off prior success. 

You looked at the wrong things coach.  I'll take a kid from the streets that's trying to get out any day of the week over a nice squat rack.  No one plays harder than these kids.  They sacrifice it all for their leader and coach.   

If we fall off, it wont be because of the facilities, or even the administration.  Liberty has been overcoming those potholes for years with great leadership at the head of the football team.  If Liberty falls, it will be from a lack of leadership and character implemented by the head coach. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, MSURacer said:

This late in the offseason you have to wonder if they would be better off promoting an assistant. How much of the staff is leaving with Turner? 

there were only 4 on staff.  The DC retired from football earlier in the year so the Patriots wont be too embarrassed this time around.

The other 2 coaches are still intact as far as I know

4 hours ago, dhstennis said:

25-4...

2 trips to the semis

Facilities don't mean jack squat with these athletes.  Ever been to South Gibson?  Nice facilities, .500 team.  TCA great facilities, not really able to build off prior success. 

You looked at the wrong things coach.  I'll take a kid from the streets that's trying to get out any day of the week over a nice squat rack.  No one plays harder than these kids.  They sacrifice it all for their leader and coach.   

If we fall off, it wont be because of the facilities, or even the administration.  Liberty has been overcoming those potholes for years with great leadership at the head of the football team.  If Liberty falls, it will be from a lack of leadership and character implemented by the head coach. 

I'm not a coach, and was not referring to myself. Most everything else you say is true, just as is what I said. There's a reason that so many Madison Co. schools are losing coaches, and it is out there that it's a support issue from the media and from those "inside the circle". Liberty has had an excellent program despite this, with many quality wins and nothing negative about the kids or coaches...ever. There was no intent to smear Liberty in my post, rather to exemplify what they've been able to do without the support that some of their competition (Dyersburg, Milan, South Gibson, Lexington) has, both from their respective communities and school systems.

The "facilities don't mean jack squat" comment has some truth, but it's not a choice of athletes or facilities...you have the athletes, but bathroom sized locker and weight rooms aren't adequate to help them get better, and four coaches on staff is a joke.

Edited by tradertwo

4 hours ago, dhstennis said:

there were only 4 on staff.  The DC retired from football earlier in the year so the Patriots wont be too embarrassed this time around.

The other 2 coaches are still intact as far as I know

Yea u guys had our number the last 3 years. Can't wait to see yall at Patriot Stadium!!!

5 hours ago, dhstennis said:

25-4...

2 trips to the semis

DHS.... I agree with most of what you just said. Liberty athletes work their butts off and have accomplished a heck of a lot. Butt I taught in JMCSS long enough to know that the support the schools and central office give the teams and players is a joke. No one doubts what you guys have accomplished. In fact I tip my hat to you guys for doing so much with so little. But if you are saying the extra resources wouldn't make a difference you are kidding yourself. You guys are capable of so much more. 

8 hours ago, dhstennis said:

25-4...

2 trips to the semis

When you think of facilities, you think of one word...Pride!

JMCSS has failed their athletes and coaches because they don't know how to have pride into these schools. Pride is when the school district reward athletics team and indiviual athletes for their success. A tweet or a facebook post saying "Congrats to Liberty on advancing to Cookeville in football" carries little to no weight at all. 

When you have a weightroom that's as big as a classroom, you have a problem. I don't care if it's Liberty or one of the smallest schools in the state, Bruceton. Facility wise, Liberty is actually blessed. Yes, they are the newest school. But y'all have the new metal bleachers, y'all have the track that surronds your football field. Restrooms are really nice compared to North Side and South Side, and you guys and South Side have concrete surronding the concession stand area while North Side simply have.....rocks.

South Gibson's problem is that they can't find a way to beat Milan, Dyersburg, Westview, and Crockett County consistently. Yes, they will beat one of those four once a year, but they can't find a way to beat three out of those four, each year.

TCA's problem is simply defense and staying healthy. And they know that!

Tyler Turner was going back near Arkansas anyway, regardless of what Liberty looked like. He used Liberty as a "stepping stone" for him. 

Orenthus Taylor is a head stracher. He does not have a good resume. Assistant at Fayette Ware when they had a long losing streak, assistant at Haywood when I believe Coach Jackson was there, they weren't a good football team. Three years at JCM, record of 7-24, going 0-10 in the final season. Goes down to Trezevant as an assistant and won two state championships, but now centered around the grading scandle and all of that crap. 

I didn't expect Liberty to get a Tyler Turner type coach but I've wondered if they could find someone that had a better resume than Taylor.

Back to the pride comment I said, I will add this into this just to show how much Liberty REALLY CARES about their athletes. I've heard from a valuable souce (as good as it gets) that Rodney Castille (the WR that won a track event at the spring fling in Murfreesboro) had to pay for his state championship ring that he won because LIBERTY didn't want to pay for his state championship ring. EXPLAIN THAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by TryNotToSuck

16 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Back to the pride comment I said, I will add this into this just to show how much Liberty REALLY CARES about their athletes. I've heard from a valuable souce (as good as it gets) that Rodney Castille (the WR that won a track event at the spring fling in Murfreesboro) had to pay for his state championship ring that he won because LIBERTY didn't want to pay for his state championship ring. EXPLAIN THAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Now that's CRAZY...

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DHS.... I agree with most of what you just said. Liberty athletes work their butts off and have accomplished a heck of a lot. Butt I taught in JMCSS long enough to know that the support the schools and central office give the teams and players is a joke. No one doubts what you guys have accomplished. In fact I tip my hat to you guys for doing so much with so little. But if you are saying the extra resources wouldn't make a difference you are kidding yourself. You guys are capable of so much more. 

Absolutely agree

15 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

JMCSS has failed their athletes and coaches because they don't know how to have pride into these schools. Pride is when the school district reward athletics team and indiviual athletes for their success. A tweet or a facebook post saying "Congrats to Liberty on advancing to Cookeville in football" carries little to no weight at all. 

When you have a weightroom that's as big as a classroom, you have a problem. I don't care if it's Liberty or one of the smallest schools in the state, Bruceton. Facility wise, Liberty is actually blessed. Yes, they are the newest school. But y'all have the new metal bleachers, y'all have the track that surronds your football field. Restrooms are really nice compared to North Side and South Side, and you guys and South Side have concrete surronding the concession stand area while North Side simply have.....rocks.

South Gibson's problem is that they can't find a way to beat Milan, Dyersburg, Westview, and Crockett County consistently. Yes, they will beat one of those four once a year, but they can't find a way to beat three out of those four, each year.

Tyler Turner was going back near Arkansas anyway, regardless of what Liberty looked like. He used Liberty as a "stepping stone" for him. 

Orenthus Taylor is a head stracher. He does not have a good resume. Assistant at Fayette Ware when they had a long losing streak, assistant at Haywood when I believe Coach Jackson was there, they weren't a good football team. Three years at JCM, record of 7-24, going 0-10 in the final season. Goes down to Trezevant as an assistant and won two state championships, but now centered around the grading scandle and all of that crap. 

I didn't expect Liberty to get a Tyler Turner type coach but I've wondered if they could find someone that had a better resume than Taylor.

The problem that Liberty has is not the stadium. Yes it is a lot nicer than many other schools. The problem is administrative support on the district level and community support. No 7th block athletics in Jackson is a shame. To go with the lack of funding they get from the school system and that puts them behind the 8-ball. They have so much talent but if they had the support financially from the district the sky would be the limit. Also they need more community support. Not many people at games can only lead me to assume that not many parents are helping to put together fundraisers for the kids. I wish Liberty nothing but the best and hope that the kids get the tools they need to reach their potential. 

36 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

That's just sad no other word for it