Memphis Wrestling

coachmann

Hey guys. My name is Austin Mann. Some of you may remember me at Dobyns-Bennett High School where I wrested there from 2006-2010. I am now in the Memphis area at Westwood High School. I was wondering what type of clubs and wrestling numbers are around the southwest portion of Memphis. I know of Arlington/Bartlett and Christian Brothers area having clubs, but somewhere closer would be nice to grow the sport and increase competition. Also, why is Mississippi the only state to not have wrestling? This would be something for the Memphis area schools to use to their advantage. Thanks in advance!

In Southwest Memphis, there is nothing.  Closest thing to you is either East, White Station, Kingsbury, MUS, Southwind, or Germantown.  Would love to see a football-powerhouse school like Whitehaven get a wrestling program started.  Also, Bluff City Wrestling Club is a newer club for Freestyle/Greco wrestling.

Where is Bluff City Wrestling Club? Has anyone had success on starting a club team from scratch and what type of funding is there and places to look into holding practices? I would like get North Mississippi (SouthHaven, Olive Branch, ect.) involved as well as schools like Geeter Middle and Whitehaven to get kids involved in a great sport.

Where is Bluff City Wrestling Club? Has anyone had success on starting a club team from scratch and what type of funding is there and places to look into holding practices? I would like get North Mississippi (SouthHaven, Olive Branch, ect.) involved as well as schools like Geeter Middle and Whitehaven to get kids involved in a great sport.

Bluff City is located throughout the city.  We have members from Bartlett, Kingsbury, Bolton, Cordova, Southwind, Germantown, Munford, and White Station.  We started this club from scratch last year, and it officially became a club this year with the charter and everything.  We held our practices at Bartlett High, Kingsbury, and Bolton this year.  We did not have any funding besides what we raised ourselves.  Contact me at [email protected], and we can talk more specifics.

Bluff City is located throughout the city.  We have members from Bartlett, Kingsbury, Bolton, Cordova, Southwind, Germantown, Munford, and White Station.  We started this club from scratch last year, and it officially became a club this year with the charter and everything.  We held our practices at Bartlett High, Kingsbury, and Bolton this year.  We did not have any funding besides what we raised ourselves.  Contact me at [email protected], and we can talk more specifics.

Thanks so much for your help. I sent you an email. This is all in the works talk and nothing concrete.