TSSAA Important Football Dates 2017

Southtowner

Dead Period ................................................June 25 - July 8, 2017

Can Start Practice in Helmets & Shoulder Pads ....... July 17, 2017

First Practice Date in Pads ....................................... July 24, 2017

First Contest Date .................................................... Aug. 18, 2017

Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules .................... Aug. 18, 2017

DI & DII 1st Round ...................................................... Nov. 3, 2017

DI 2nd Round & DII Quarterfinals ............................. Nov. 10, 2017

DI Quarterfinals & DII Semifinals ............................. Nov. 18, 2016***

DI Semifinals ........................................................... Nov. 24, 2017

DI 1A, 3A, 5A BlueCross Bowl ................................. Nov. 30, 2017

DI 2A, 4A, 6A BlueCross Bowl ................................... Dec. 1, 2017

DII BlueCross Bowl .................................................... Dec. 2, 2017

Dead Period ............................................... June 24 – July 7, 2018 

Here are some important dates but you prolly already know.

I thought the TSSAA was gonna rotate (forward) the Blue Cross Bowls for each class starting this year. According to these dates I found on their website they moved 1A, 3A, 5A to Thursday.  Moved Class 2A, 4A and 6A to the Friday game slots this year and gave DII the Saturday games. 

That means the 4 year cycle will look like this:

Class 1,3,5A will get  Thursday,  Friday,  Saturday then another Thursday Blue Cross Bowl date.

Class 2,4,6A will get Friday, Saturday, Thursday then another Friday date.

DII will get Saturday, Thursday, Friday then another Saturday date.

***Also, it's showing DI having to play their quarterfinals on Nov. 18, 2016. I assume that should be Nov. 17, 2017.

Just something to chat about maybe.... I'm bored.

2017-18 TSSAA SPORTS CALENDAR FOOTBALL 

Edited by Southtowner

Here is an excerpt from their special called meeting minutes in July 2016.

The Board voted to rotate which football championship games are played on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – three games each day.
Division II will be on Thursday in 2016, Friday in 2017, etc. . .

Dead Period ................................................June 25 - July 8, 2017

Can Start Practice in Helmets & Shoulder Pads ....... July 17, 2017

First Practice Date in Pads ....................................... July 24, 2017

First Contest Date .................................................... Aug. 18, 2017

Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules .................... Aug. 18, 2017

DI & DII 1st Round ...................................................... Nov. 3, 2017

DI 2nd Round & DII Quarterfinals ............................. Nov. 10, 2017

DI Quarterfinals & DII Semifinals ............................. Nov. 18, 2016***

DI Semifinals ........................................................... Nov. 24, 2017

DI 1A, 3A, 5A BlueCross Bowl ................................. Nov. 30, 2017

DI 2A, 4A, 6A BlueCross Bowl ................................... Dec. 1, 2017

DII BlueCross Bowl .................................................... Dec. 2, 2017

Dead Period ............................................... June 24 – July 7, 2018 

Here are some important dates but you prolly already know.

I thought the TSSAA was gonna rotate (forward) the Blue Cross Bowls for each class starting this year. According to these dates I found on their website they moved 1A, 3A, 5A to Thursday.  Moved Class 2A, 4A and 6A to the Friday game slots this year and gave DII the Saturday games. 

That means the 4 year cycle will look like this:

Class 1,3,5A will get  Thursday,  Friday,  Saturday then another Thursday Blue Cross Bowl date.

Class 2,4,6A will get Friday, Saturday, Thursday then another Friday date.

DII will get Saturday, Thursday, Friday then another Saturday date.

***Also, it's showing DI having to play their quarterfinals on Nov. 18, 2016. I assume that should be Nov. 17, 2017.

Just something to chat about maybe.... I'm bored.

2017-18 TSSAA SPORTS CALENDAR FOOTBALL 

http://tssaa.org/wp-content/uploads/SportsCalendar/2017FBCalendar.pdf

Southtowner I garuntee you should send a copy of this Childress mans rules to them fellars around the jailhouse so the cant plead ignorance of them Childress mans rules anymore. You think im joking but im not.

• Upvote 1

Does this mean 1A still gets the first game on Thursday? They should rotate it where all divisions get a chance to play under the lights at least every other year.

1A will always get the shaft.   According to the TSSAA minutes DII was to be on Friday this year. That means 1A, 3A, and 5A would have been on Saturday.  Instead they rotate the games in the opposite direction.  

Your original post had DII on Saturday.   I assuming this post meant to say DII will be on Friday [NEXT] year.

Let me see if I can explain myself a bit more clearly.

My original post is the football sports calendar for this year (2017).   It has DII scheduled to play the BlueCross Bowl on Saturday Dec 2, 2017.

My 2nd post is a copy and paste from the special called meeting minutes back in July of 2016.    It states that DII will play on Friday 2017 (This Year).

My point is: the calendar above and the minutes taken in the meeting don't say the same thing.

The calendar says Saturday, the minutes say Friday.

Hope I haven't confused anyone more than I already am.  :)