TSSAA Important Football Dates 2017

Southtowner

Anyone follow what I'm saying?  If they rotate the way the minutes were recorded that would mean 6A would be playing the Blue Cross Bowl on 2 Thursdays of the next four year cycle.   I say the big dogs of 6A seen that and said hail naw to the naw naw.

I got ya.   I'm guessing your right.   I'd say the calendar is right and DII will be Saturday.

11:00 games are horrible. It messes up any type of routine you've had for the previous 4 months.

What kind of mess is this? Is you saying you jailhouse fellars would have beat that White mans team if you fellars had a different game time? I garuntee you im not falling for your mess. Our boys lost a few championships cause Grider took them up there the night before and they stayed out to late with them durn college girls. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

DII should get their own weekend.  Play a week before DI does.  Why wait 2 weeks to play?

Personally I don't like it...Why could they not leave DII on Thursday and rotate Friday/Saturday among DI. Reasoning is DII already has basically 2 weeks for coaches and players to prepare and DI coaches and players are at a disadvantage I think when it comes to preparation for Thursday due to a short turnaround...I know some schools have games on Thursday during regular season, but to myself the playoffs is a completely different situation.

Personally I don't like it...Why could they not leave DII on Thursday and rotate Friday/Saturday among DI. Reasoning is DII already has basically 2 weeks for coaches and players to prepare and DI coaches and players are at a disadvantage I think when it comes to preparation for Thursday due to a short turnaround...I know some schools have games on Thursday during regular season, but to myself the playoffs is a completely different situation.

It all has to do with money. That much I can guarantee. You are right about your thinking on the Wednesday games though. Those D2 teams have almost two weeks to prepare. They should be forced to stay on Thursday instead of the D1 teams to lose a day of practice.

I send the following to the TSSAA:

Why does the minutes in the special called meeting of July 16 state that DII will play the BlueCross bowl games on Friday 2017 and the football schedule states Saturday?

Excerpt: The Board voted to rotate which football championship games are played on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – three games each day.

Division II will be on Thursday in 2016, Friday in 2017, etc.... 

What process was used to determine this rotation?

Thank you.

Response:

The Board of Control never voted on the days DI or DII would play. The request was to allow the Blue/Cross Championship games to rotate each year and not require DII to play on Thursday every year. That request was granted and it is up to the staff to set the rotation.

We did not give the Board  how it would be rotated. The statement in the minutes is only an example of how it could be scheduled. 

Bernard Childress

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2017, at 2:32 PM,

On 6/22/2017 at 6:08 PM, Southtowner said:
I send the following to the TSSAA:

Why does the minutes in the special called meeting of July 16 state that DII will play the BlueCross bowl games on Friday 2017 and the football schedule states Saturday?

Excerpt: The Board voted to rotate which football championship games are played on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – three games each day.

Division II will be on Thursday in 2016, Friday in 2017, etc.... 

What process was used to determine this rotation?

Thank you.

Response:

The Board of Control never voted on the days DI or DII would play. The request was to allow the Blue/Cross Championship games to rotate each year and not require DII to play on Thursday every year. That request was granted and it is up to the staff to set the rotation.

We did not give the Board  how it would be rotated. The statement in the minutes is only an example of how it could be scheduled. 

Bernard Childress

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2017, at 2:32 PM,

Alright.  The part in bold above no longer exists in the minutes.  

• 2 months later...