Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

I say it's either teams game to win for several reasons , one being that this early in the season,some teams jel quicker then others.If it was solely based on numbers ,Id be very concerned.I've seen 140 kids out for a DB spring practice before and I doubt many schools in this area have ever seen that.Yep,you can only play 11 unless the refs don't catch you,but depth always worries me in these kinds of matchups.That's why I liked seeing the 2nds run the offense last year when I got a chance to see the Devils play during the regular season.

Humm.......lets see, which team has the best coaching staff?

I'd say this is Greeneville's game to lose. I would expect DB to have 150yrds. in penalties and at least 3 turnovers. I'll hold off on predicting a final score until I find out how many players quit or transfer to Science Hill.

Right on about the yellow markers....    DB cannot afford to play a sloppy game.

There is another factor at play here too, its a little harder to quantify, but here goes....   Greeneville knows how to win and DB does not.       Don't anyone take that wrong, what I mean is that for the last decade or so Greeneville has had not only a winning program but also a winning mentality in the coaching staff, community and players.      There was a time when DB's program was there but not lately.     Its that "find a way to win" thing that teams like Maryville seem to have.

I understand what your saying blazer.Several things have changed in Greeneville to make them more competitive and several things have happened in Kingsport that could have been done differently I'm sure.I didn't like it at first but Greeneville is playing schools more of it's own size.Years ago they along with any others like Elizabethton had to try and go though much bigger schools to advance.That by the way will be a great yearly game.

Someone said the game will be on tv.Anyone know who will carry it.

The DB coach announced this at the time the schedule was announced.  Got the feeling  this was set up by Greeneville staff or someone in charge down there.  Don't know what station will carry it.  I thought at one time there was a local station broadcasting out of there.  I don't believe it's the same deal as those Knoxville area Thursday night games.   I'm sure it will be on the local cable to get all the coverage possible.   Just another tidbit that gives the feeling that this is an "all in" poker game.  

The DB coach announced this at the time the schedule was announced.  Got the feeling  this was set up by Greeneville staff or someone in charge down there.  Don't know what station will carry it.  I thought at one time there was a local station broadcasting out of there.  I don't believe it's the same deal as those Knoxville area Thursday night games.   I'm sure it will be on the local cable to get all the coverage possible.   Just another tidbit that gives the feeling that this is an "all in" poker game.

It will be nice for all those that can't go to able to see the game.The seating isn't anywhere near big enough to handle a game like South at DB back 10 or 11 years ago.A lot of people in the area will want to see this one too.

They should move this game to Thursday night so that those who follow other teams can see it.    This will be the marquee matchup in all of east TN on opening night.          Or even Saturday.     Morristown did that last year (opened on Saturday) and it was a good crowd for both games.

They should move this game to Thursday night so that those who follow other teams can see it.    This will be the marquee matchup in all of east TN on opening night.          Or even Saturday.     Morristown did that last year (opened on Saturday) and it was a good crowd for both games.

I'd say a few will tune in and skip their own teams game.I seen BVD's response on the other thread.This might get a little lively between now and game day