Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

i dont think he'll do away with all the dumb ship he's known for until his "ship" docks on campus in knoxville. When he gets punched in the gut and smashed in the face a couple good times by some dude half his size, but twice his skill level, i think that's when he will throttle the ship waaaaay down...lol

2 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

yes indeed. 2 things that concern me most about that first game....numbers and overconfidence....not saying thats an issue down here at all, i just know how15,16 and 16 year old young men can be when all they hear is how good they are...that of course is the case anywhere i suppose.

This is a great game for Greeneville because DB has some fine athletes and are 6A.All to gain in my mind.DB could have been  deeper here and there but they are still loaded with talent

3 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

i dont think he'll do away with all the dumb ship he's known for until his "ship" docks on campus in knoxville. When he gets punched in the gut and smashed in the face a couple good times by some dude half his size, but twice his skill level, i think that's when he will throttle the ship waaaaay down...lol

Guys who are still there like " Tiny " who have size ,speed and strength will for sure open his eyes wide.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just be blunt here.  The best possible scenario for DB football this year, with Klass Klown at the helm, is a 4-6 season.  After 3 games they will be 0-3.  The Greenville game will be a blow out.  Hopefully the band won't waste money and will only send a small pep band.  They have bigger fish to fry and are hoping to place better than 10th place nationally like they did last year. Until sonething changes, this is a band school.

Cook knows how to run his program.  We need the same level of talent in head coach position.

Edited by DBGRAD70

18 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I'll just be blunt here.  The best possible scenario for DB football this year, with Klass Klown at the helm, is a 4-6 season.  After 3 games they will be 0-3.  The Greenville game will be a blow out.  Hopefully the band won't waste money and will only send a small pep band.  They have bigger fish to fry and are hoping to place better than 10th place nationally like they did last year. Until sonething changes, this is a band school.

Cook knows how to run his program.  We need the same level of talent in head coach position.

I would think 5 wins for sure, 5-5 or 6-4 is probably the way it turns out.    That should be good enough to make the playoffs, right??      I think the Super 32 is gone now (someone correct this) so everyone has to earn the playoffs now. 

Could be a rough start but the Tribe should finish strong headed into post season:

Aug. 18 @ Greeneville
Aug. 25 Oak Ridge   
Sep. 1  Science Hill
Sep. 8  @ Sevier County      WIN
Sep. 22 Alcoa   
Sep. 29 @ Bearden               WIN
Oct. 6  Farragut
Oct. 13 @ Hardin Valley       WIN
Oct. 20 Morristown West     WIN
Oct. 27 @ Jefferson County WIN

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hey guys   ---  DB/Greeneville kicks off in 16 days       Where is all the chatter ?!?!?!

Not to many fans like the taste of crow is my guess.Both teams have enough talent to take the other behind the woodshed and lay a 4 or 5 touchdown beating on the other.A few mistakes and big momentum could make it happen.It really wouldn't surprise me if this was the case or it came down to 3 overtimes.Now,Batman has his cape covered either way.There is no question to which team should have a huge advantage in depth and should be the out right favorite.Not because DB is 3 times bigger,but because of what was in the system and those players that are still on DB's roster.That said,Greeneville might not have started with as many athletes , but they have some great ones and one of the best coaching staffs in the state.Those two factors and the fact Greeneville players are generally a little tougher then most athletes they go against,add up to even matchup in my mind.

Talked the other day with someone who watched the Boone/Greeneville scrimmage.

This guy said that Greeneville has a couple of D1 receivers and their QB can sling it all over the field.    Supposedly a college coach or 3 there too...      Boone didn't look as bad as last year against them but according to him Greeneville pretty much had their way.

So what does that mean to DB?      Perhaps nothing, you never know how guys are going to perform under the lights.    DB's secondary has been a little questionable as of late so they could very well be tested early....     If DB's offense is as high octane as I have heard it might turn into a  48-44 type of game.

Good Luck vs. Tenn. High in your scrimmage.

Hey dbgrad70, what great football factory did you come from?  You don't even know if the big 32 still is in place or not.  NO, it fell by the wayside.

Got an idea, why don't you apply for the job when it comes open?  Surely to goodness you can produce 200+ wins in the next 20 years.

Edited by sheppy

52 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Talked the other day with someone who watched the Boone/Greeneville scrimmage.

This guy said that Greeneville has a couple of D1 receivers and their QB can sling it all over the field.    Supposedly a college coach or 3 there too...      Boone didn't look as bad as last year against them but according to him Greeneville pretty much had their way.

So what does that mean to DB?      Perhaps nothing, you never know how guys are going to perform under the lights.    DB's secondary has been a little questionable as of late so they could very well be tested early....     If DB's offense is as high octane as I have heard it might turn into a  48-44 type of game.

You never know how teams will matchup Blazer,has anyone got what channel will carry the game.I never know my schedule or if I can get down to G-town .Be nice to know if it's on the net as well