Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

40 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Yes Swipes  as you could tell we dont have maybe 30 - 35 players  .. we are so void of bodies period  in OL and DL .. so much that two  200 ib  3rd and 4th string fullbacks have to suit up guards .. we lost a  soph OT last scrimmage and replace him with a kid that never played football before so its an understatement that OL and DL are areas of real concern .. you are correct the only offense is for QB to get the ball out in space  ... but we will miss our big play WR to a ACL  this year .. we cant afford injuries for sure ... already lost WR/ S and a MLB / RB and OL .. so they are dropping like fries .. I knew it would be a good test for them against you guys .. I know Fulton coaches knew that it would help them grow up some by scrimmaging ..I know the Fulton coaches wanted it and had initiated calling to get a scrimmage ..they how yound and inexperinced they were and the kids now know whats it is like to go against some physical guys .. can only help them  for sure.  Good Luck and thanks ... hadnt seen BVDevil on here .. where he at ??

You could tell both coaching staffs have a lot of respect for each other.  Got a little chippy for a few min but what can you say about Teenagers that have competed with and against each other during AAU 7 on 7 this summer (Coaches took care of it on both sides).  BVDevil was at the scrimmage yesterday with his video camera so we should hopefully hear and see something from him soon.

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

You could tell both coaching staffs have a lot of respect for each other.  Got a little chippy for a few min but what can you say about Teenagers that have competed with and against each other during AAU 7 on 7 this summer (Coaches took care of it on both sides).  BVDevil was at the scrimmage yesterday with his video camera so we should hopefully hear and see something from him soon.

Watched the vid,both the Devils and Fulton looked pretty good to me.Fulton might not have the size and numbers it normally has but they still  have some fine athletes and will win some games for sure.Looked like great work for both teams.I really like how Greeneville has the preseason and season set up with some great competition outside its conference.Hope it plays out perfectly come playoff time.

Edited by BatmanDevil

On 08/03/2017 at 7:36 PM, sheppy said:

dbgrad70, must have a son that does not get enough playing to satisfy to satisfy him.

dbgrad70 graduated in 70.  No kids or grand kids at DB or any other school. Never had a football kid. Used to love football Friday nites in Kingsport and around the region. Just fed up with the loser that doesn't know when to retire or look for other work. We're the same generation from the same HS.  I knew when to retire.  Don't unnderstand why it's such a head scratcher for him.

6 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

dbgrad70 graduated in 70.  No kids or grand kids at DB or any other school. Never had a football kid. Used to love football Friday nites in Kingsport and around the region. Just fed up with the loser that doesn't know when to retire or look for other work. We're the same generation from the same HS.  I knew when to retire.  Don't unnderstand why it's such a head scratcher for him.

70,I'm not saying your opinion is correct or not because it's your right to give it.Just giving my thoughts here.There have been times that I didn't think there was a better coach or better staff anywhere then what DB has had over the years.There have also been times that I wish I'd never had a kid playing for them.That's the way most things in life go.I've had some great all out knock down fights with my best friend but we are still best friends.Without a doubt over time I will look back and see more good came from having a son play for coach Clark and his staff then had they went to most any other school in the area besides that beautiful Devil school I went to.I don't blame coach Clark for doing what he loves as long as he wants to.I'm not that much younger then you boys and hope I can work as long at the Big E as they will let me.It's not up to me however and that's why I can't blame coach Clark for not doing what others may see as the right or wrong thing.

Edited by BatmanDevil

You're right Batman.  There are as many opinions as there are posters on this site.  I will say this.  Those kids love Coach Clark.  He is a coach, a mentor, a protector, a principal, and a Dad to most of those kids.  If they curse, or fight, or show up late, or fail a class,  they run county fairs until they vomit.  And they love him for it.  He doesn't win every game.  But he puts in more hours than any coach in the area, and does his best to prepare them for every game.  And they know it.  And they fight for him.  He keeps a pantry in the field house so kids with no food at home can eat there.  He growls at them, and then hugs them.   He doesn't taunt opposing players like I saw last week in our scrimmage, or humiliate and disrespect refs and the opposing coaches for ten minutes over a bad call like the same guy did.   He doesn't hang 84 points on pitiful Central, just because he can.    Hes a player's coach, and one of the last still teaching life lessons while he does it.   He may not win a state title, but that's okay.   He does a great job, and provides the environment that our players need.  They come back one year, ten years, twenty five years later, and thank him for how he treated them.  Yes , I'm sure he makes mistakes.   But considering everything, and the world we live in, I'll take it.  He can stay til he gets ready.  That's my opinion.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, Cyclonefan29 said:

Greeneville had plays run out at the goal several times but the ten play rule stopped them. Greeneville went up and down the field at ease. 

it was a much closer scrimmage than what you are discribing cyclone. the ones actually tied 3 scores each, with one of greenevilles coming on a pick 6. Greeneville DID move up and down the field with thier ones, but so did Fulton. The 2 glaring differences in the 2 teams this day was both Lines and conditioning. Greeneville pretty well dominated at the point of attack, but Fultons speed evened that out. Greeneville appeared to be the better conditioned team, atleast with the "bigguns". Falcons had hands on hips by the midway point of the second set of ten plays...the ones actually ran 4 series of ten plays, rather than three. by the time the starters came out, greeneville appeared to have seized the momentum. It would have been interesting to see how it turned out if they had ran the scrimmage like a regular season game, like they did with DB during last years preseason scrimmage with the Injuns. Anyway, none of this info amounts to a hill of beans in the standings ofcourse and the biggest winners were the fans that showed up. A ton of really really good HS athletes on the field that day. 

5 hours ago, BVDevil said:

it was a much closer scrimmage than what you are discribing cyclone. the ones actually tied 3 scores each, with one of greenevilles coming on a pick 6. Greeneville DID move up and down the field with thier ones, but so did Fulton. The 2 glaring differences in the 2 teams this day was both Lines and conditioning. Greeneville pretty well dominated at the point of attack, but Fultons speed evened that out. Greeneville appeared to be the better conditioned team, atleast with the "bigguns". Falcons had hands on hips by the midway point of the second set of ten plays...the ones actually ran 4 series of ten plays, rather than three. by the time the starters came out, greeneville appeared to have seized the momentum. It would have been interesting to see how it turned out if they had ran the scrimmage like a regular season game, like they did with DB during last years preseason scrimmage with the Injuns. Anyway, none of this info amounts to a hill of beans in the standings ofcourse and the biggest winners were the fans that showed up. A ton of really really good HS athletes on the field that day. 

You done a great job on the vid and yes it looked like Fulton is loaded with fine athletes.I really want to see how that 3way scrimmage goes,that will also be a huge test for the Devils.Do you know who has the DB game on TV.I hope to get down there but I never know with my schedule if that's possible.

19 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

70,I'm not saying your opinion is correct or not because it's your right to give it.Just giving my thoughts here.There have been times that I didn't think there was a better coach or better staff anywhere then what DB has had over the years.There have also been times that I wish I'd never had a kid playing for them.That's the way most things in life go.I've had some great all out knock down fights with my best friend but we are still best friends.Without a doubt over time I will look back and see more good came from having a son play for coach Clark and his staff then had they went to most any other school in the area besides that beautiful Devil school I went to.I don't blame coach Clark for doing what he loves as long as he wants to.I'm not that much younger then you boys and hope I can work as long at the Big E as they will let me.It's not up to me however and that's why I can't blame coach Clark for not doing what others may see as the right or wrong thing.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

You done a great job on the vid and yes it looked like Fulton is loaded with fine athletes.I really want to see how that 3way scrimmage goes,that will also be a huge test for the Devils.Do you know who has the DB game on TV.I hope to get down there but I never know with my schedule if that's possible.

good post

10 hours ago, BVDevil said:

Good to hear from ya BV .. your view of scrimmage is about what I expected  ... if we could borrow a few lineman from somebody we might have something but alot of those kids will be sucking air come 4th qtrs of games .. no subs and to know that the kids playing OL  .. 2 former fullbacks and a kid never even played football its amazing coaching to get that much out of them ... I expected the Devils to win the point of attach for sure ... we will miss our big WR this year though to knee .. got hurt a summer camp .. and miss our other LB fo a few games but if we can stay away from anymore injuries . we will compete .. how far who knows ... where is that video ..I couldnt make it up there that night .... take care and good luck to the Devils .. looks like its a 2 team race with you guys and Betsy with you guys having the edge. But nobody down here in 4 A  .. so clear sailing to the semi's ... 

Just now, johndeere said:

You're right Batman.  There are as many opinions as there are posters on this site.  I will say this.  Those kids love Coach Clark.  He is a coach, a mentor, a protector, a principal, and a Dad to most of those kids.  If they curse, or fight, or show up late, or fail a class,  they run county fairs until they vomit.  And they love him for it.  He doesn't win every game.  But he puts in more hours than any coach in the area, and does his best to prepare them for every game.  And they know it.  And they fight for him.  He keeps a pantry in the field house so kids with no food at home can eat there.  He growls at them, and then hugs them.   He doesn't taunt opposing players like I saw last week in our scrimmage, or humiliate and disrespect refs and the opposing coaches for ten minutes over a bad call like the same guy did.   He doesn't hang 84 points on pitiful Central, just because he can.    Hes a player's coach, and one of the last still teaching life lessons while he does it.   He may not win a state title, but that's okay.   He does a great job, and provides the environment that our players need.  They come back one year, ten years, twenty five years later, and thank him for how he treated them.  Yes , I'm sure he makes mistakes.   But considering everything, and the world we live in, I'll take it.  He can stay til he gets ready.  That's my opinion.

You're probably right but the same thing could be said about 90% of the head coaches out there. That doesn't make it any less special for Clark and I'm not saying that. I'm saying at a school like DB with the talent and tradition it has Clark should be all those things and also be winning games. Maybe he's lost his mojo. Personally I think that ever since the loss of coach Watson DB has been on the down slide and with no end in site. Clark hasn't really changed but the defense sure has. The stat's don't lie. As head coach it's all on Clark to fix it but to date he has been unwilling. They have made a few changes and we'll only have to wait until the first game to see. This is a very talented team and the team everybody's been waiting on for the past three years. If there are no improvements on defense then Clark should step aside. That's my opinion.

I wouldn't get to excited if DB were to lose a few games with this schedule.It's a great one for getting ready for the playoffs as long as they get to the playoffs.I have always said this was going to be the team but the depth up front is not what is was going to be.SO, staying healthy is going to be huge for a playoff run.The playoffs is what every team should build for .I hope both teams come out of this first game injury free and it helps  build for their future games.