• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

• Announcements

• CoachT

Report Scores to CoachT.com   08/12/2017

There are several choices for reporting scores to CoachT.com! In-game scores (updates during game) can be added on the Scoreboard by CoachT Plus members only All members can add final scores on our Scoreboard All members can add final scores on our Mobile Scoreboard All members can TEXT the finals to 615-763-9150 All members can leave a voicemail at 1-877-9COACHT (1-877-926-2248). You can also call that number to hear final scores wherever you are.
SummaryJudgment

2017 Season underway

Quick review of the Father Ryan playday:

Brentwood is not the same team without Logan and Garrett. Still good, but more human.

Brentwood Academy is going to make some noise. Very strong team.

Houston is for real. Second time seeing them.

Father Ryan is scrappy as expected. No hitters of note though.

Looking forward to seeing Siegel this weekend at the Blastoff.

K2ruth    2

Catholic has the best player in Knoxville with Cunningham.  They won state last year, lost some great talent, but she is a special talent.  The setting limits her, but if her supporting cast will get her the ball then they could repeat.

Webb is the top team, again, in town.  This should be another easy ride to the state title.  

Farragut without Parker who graduated is not the same team.  It is a shame they didn't win while they had her, I don't see them making a run.  HV may pass them this year.  They don't have a star play like Cunningham, but they are solid.

No one else in town will make any noise.  

If HV had a talent like Cunningham, or if Catholic had a stronger setter or a stronger supporting cast, they would be a lock.  I think Catholic should repeat, HV will need to beat those strong Nashville area teams and I don't know if they can.

HV does have a hammer of their own in Mandy Prescott. She can crush a ball. That said, they lost to Brentwood a few weeks ago before Logan left for her USA play. Logan will of course be back to help her team. As for AA, I am looking forward to seeing Signal Mountain on Saturday as well. I'll have a better idea as to their prospects. Catholic lost two great players.....

K2ruth    2

I agree on Prescott.  She has much better talent around her than Cunningham who is essentially a one man show.  Let me know how Signal Mountain looks.  Have you watch Cunningham yet, or seen her in club.  She is better than what they lost, the problem is they need a setter and one more hitter or team will just key on her.  Tough break on the Brentwood player she was fun.  Wasn't she committed to Texas?

I have seen Olivia play and she is very good. Isn't Meredith B. on that team a pretty good setter?

Logan is the one committed to Texas. Garrett is the Brentwood outside who got hurt in Orlando. She is done for the season. Garrett is committed to Purdue.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

K2ruth    2

Rough news for Garrett, I thought she and Logan were fantastic together.

The setting is too basic.  They have a tough time playing defense and can't set anything beyond a 4 or 2.  Cunningham covers for them by being so athletic, but sometimes, too often, they can't get her the ball enough to take advantage of her talent.

clifford20    3

Is the Catholic setter the K2 14-1 setter?  If so, I think she is really good.  Such a strong kid. I really thought that 14's K2 team would be really good and they just haven't improved like I thought they would.  The setter is good tho.

K2ruth    2

I think we are talking about different players.  Cunningham was probably overlooked last year.  She was as good as the two seniors, who were both great, but didn't get the recognition.  No complaints, at all, but this is clearly her team.  She contacts the ball high, with power, and is quick to the ball.  The setting isn't bad, it's just really basic, and the setters don't get to the ball that's off the net.  If she had the HV setter she would be able to do even more.

If the supporting players can contribute they can repeat.  My only concern is that sometimes there is some "politics" where the coaches try to hard to push the weaker players instead of getting Cunningham the ball more.  I think she is such a strong leader that they will repeat.  Egos can be dangerous, usually from parents! It's why I think Brentwood does so well, the players suppress their egos and get the ball to the stronger hitters.  If Catholic gets behind her they will repeat.  Great player.

JMAVU9193    3
18 hours ago, K2ruth said:

Catholic has the best player in Knoxville with Cunningham. 

When and where did Kayleigh Hames move?

Edited by JMAVU9193
poor grammar

K2ruth    2

I love KH, but she is surrounded by way better players than Cunningham who is a one man show, and you can't compare the quality of the two coaches.  Webb is the best team in Knoxville.  I promise you the Webb coaches play the best players not the ones with the most vocal parents.  There are Catholic starters that wouldn't even make Webb or HV, let alone start.  I think Cunningham makes Catholic great,  KH is a great player surrounded by great players with a coach who plays the best.  Who on Catholic other than Cunningham would start for Webb or HV?  No one.  Again, no slam on KH, she is awesome, but if OC had the setting, or another hitter to take the heat off of her, I think she is better.  Close, but better.  Catholic plays some players over others because of who their parents are or because they are seniors.  Webb and HV play their best.