All Time Maryville Team

GhostofGQ

Thought this would make for an interesting conversation to have during "talking season." I'm new to the site, but I played on some decent Maryville teams not too long ago and I enjoy keeping up with them as best I can. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all, and more importantly, talking about some Maryville football. What is your all's opinions on who would be starting on the All Time Maryville football team?

2 hours ago, GhostofGQ said:

Thought this would make for an interesting conversation to have during "talking season." I'm new to the site, but I played on some decent Maryville teams not too long ago and I enjoy keeping up with them as best I can. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all, and more importantly, talking about some Maryville football. What is your all's opinions on who would be starting on the All Time Maryville football team?

Aaron Douglass at TE. Prevo at RB 

Edited by rebelwoman87

Hard to pick all time team because the game and rules changed so much that it is not the same as it was forty years ago. Back then it was more of a defensive game mind set. There would be games that Maryville dominated and only win 21-0  Much easier to pick by the decades to be fair. The best player no doubt was Danny Spradlin hands down. He was a man playing against boy's and still would be. Not only was he the best linebacker but he was the best running back. Ted Wilson limited him in carries many games to keep him from getting injured because every team they played keyed on trying to hurt him anyway possible. The 76 team  may have had the smallest offensive line in the state that year but ran on the shoulders of Spradlin and won the state against Brentwood Academy which was favored 27-0.  Brentwood outweighed Maryville on the line by one hundred pounds per man. Brentwood was also loaded with many SEC prospects that year.