All Time Maryville Team

GhostofGQ

If you really want to go back Ollie Keller played on the 1946 team and was All State and was on UT's National Championship Team. Ollie is 88 years old now and still doing well and he let me take this picture of him last summer about this time out in his garage holding up the picture of the National Championship Team and he was wearing his ring also.b4u5bk.jpg

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you really want to go back Ollie Keller played on the 1946 team and was All State and was on UT's National Championship Team. Ollie is 88 years old now and still doing well and he let me take this picture of him last summer about this time out in his garage holding up the picture of the National Championship Team and he was wearing his ring also.b4u5bk.jpg

:thumb:

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Very Cool

15 hours ago, strongx said:

If you got first pick, I might take Buster Smith next. His name is still on the wall 35+ years later. Hard for me to imagine anybody doing more than Tommy Johnston. 2 fast guys.

Didn't Buster Smith have the state single season rushing record at Lanier high school the last year before they closed it down to create WB?

Did he graduate in 80 or 81?

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Didn't Buster Smith have the state single season rushing record at Lanier high school the last year before they closed it down to create WB?

Did he graduate in 80 or 81?

That's how the legend goes. Unbelievably fast for a country boy from Lanier.