Cookeville 2017

Cookeville is always solid. I think they should go 7-3 ...maybe 8-2. I think it all depends on what team Riverdale shows up with this year and how improved Siegel is come season play. Oakland and Blackman should win however. You just never know though. I am pretty confident in saying they should make the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think they have a real interesting match up with Pearl Cohn.  PC has speed and athletes all over the field and Cookeville should have the advantage of depth and line play.

Reading the blaze comment I was about to say wow so we're going to get ran over like that. I've never seen Cookeville play so I couldn't say too much about them. Its going to be interesting traveling that way can't wait.

15 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Reading the blaze comment I was about to say wow so we're going to get ran over like that. I've never seen Cookeville play so I couldn't say too much about them. Its going to be interesting traveling that way can't wait.

I have had the opportunity to see oth play (obviously not this season)  all things being the same and in my opinion I think Cookeville has the edge ... slight, but still the edge. 

Edited by Blaze45

It will be a great matchup without question.  

Pearl-Cohn's non region slate is absolutely brutal with CPA, MBA, Cordova, Cookeville, and Marshall County.  East Nashville, Stratford, and Giles County will all be major challenges during the regular season region slate as well.  

Cookeville's front 6 games of their schedule are favorable in my opinion.  Besides Pearl-Cohn there isn't a team that I think can beat them if they play to their potential.  The final four games against the Rutherford County heavyweights are brutal.  The Cavaliers could very well be a 6-0 team that misses the playoffs altogether if they suffer injuries or are outplayed in October.  

This may well end up being Jimmy Maynord's best team since he's been in Cookeville. Good lines with depth & experience on both sides of the ball. Good experienced Quarterback. Some good backs & receivers.

That being said, we could have our best team in years but are still probably looking at anywhere from 2-4 losses. 8-2 would be great.

Looking forward to the regular season.

And yes, Jarquzes Hicks (WR/DB) committed to TTU earlier today.

Edited by THE SQUAD

On 7/22/2017 at 10:27 PM, THE SQUAD said:

This may well end up being Jimmy Maynord's best team since he's been in Cookeville. Good lines with depth & experience on both sides of the ball. Good experienced Quarterback. Some good backs & receivers.

That being said, we could have our best team in years but are still probably looking at anywhere from 2-4 losses. 8-2 would be great.

Looking forward to the regular season.

And yes, Jarquzes Hicks (WR/DB) committed to TTU earlier today.

Good get for TTU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...