Memphis East

karl98

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2017 at 7:53 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Hey I watched them on ESPN the other day they are something special no doubt. I’m not against these boys, and I’ve said as much. I’m all for building the best team and let the chips fall where they may!  However T$$AA allows Memphis to do whatever they want which to me is not right.  I have no problem with East or any other program it’s T$$AA that I have an issue with. I doubt anyone will give them a game in this state would love to watch them play against the big teams out of California and Chicago etc... are they going to be on TV again at some point?

I'm adressing your accusations against the TSSAA, not Memphis East. The TSSAA doesn't let Memphis do what they want. That's just a bold faced lie. If they let Memphis do what they want, then students wouldn't even have to fill out transfer paperwork ... or sit out a year when they don't meet the TSSAAs requirements to be able to play right away.

In the Memphis East player transfer case, the Shelby County School board took this thing to court. GO READ THE ARTICLES THAT HAVE BEEN CUT AND PASTED INTO THIS THREAD. The TSSAA is in this up to their gills. They DON'T turn a blinds eye to Memphis or anybody else.

However, they as a governing body have to abide by court proceedings like evrybody else. This isn't just cut and dry, nor is this black and white. It's complicated, and the court system is involved now, which can drag this thing out even longer.

As a supporter of Whitehaven, I've seen first hand where folk wanted to transfer and they couldn't. I've seen where they have had to sit out a season. I've seen it all over the years. The TSSAA does an outstanding job in that regard. However, they are limited in resources. Even in that, they are diligent.

I know you have issues with the TSSAA. You aren't the only one. But, they are not sitting back on their laurels. They are putting in work. There are plenty of cases where they have denied players here in Memphis the ability to play because the players didn't meet the transfer rules. PLENTY.

Now, I'm not saying that stuff doesn't happen illegally. Because that would be a bold faced lie as well. I'll acknowledge that. But to sit there and say that the TSSAA let's Memphis do what they want is just a lie. Plain and simple.

Edited by kwc

2017 City of Palms Classic pre-tournament Memphis East video, pretty interesting.

2017 City of Palms Traditional Bracket.

2017 City of Palms schedule of games.

So, if East makes it to the championship game, They will have to win four games in a row because the field is comprised of 16 teams. According to the braket and the schedule they will play their first game Tue., Dec. 19 @ 5:15 PM. Then they would play next on Thur., Dec. 21 @ 8:45 PM. Next, they would then play in the semi-finals on Friday, Dec., 22 @  7:15 PM, and lastly play the championship game on Sat., Dec. 23 @ 7:30 PM.

Edited by kwc

On 12/17/2017 at 7:53 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Hey I watched them on ESPN the other day they are something special no doubt. I’m not against these boys, and I’ve said as much. I’m all for building the best team and let the chips fall where they may!  However T$$AA allows Memphis to do whatever they want which to me is not right.  I have no problem with East or any other program it’s T$$AA that I have an issue with. I doubt anyone will give them a game in this state would love to watch them play against the big teams out of California and Chicago etc... are they going to be on TV again at some point?

They already destroy Prolific Prep and Webster Groves. The number #10 and #13 teams in the country respectively. 

This East team is a very special group of players. 

The starting 5 the other night was: Lomax, Boyce, Dandridge, Wiseman, Lawson 

20 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

They already destroy Prolific Prep and Webster Groves. The number #10 and #13 teams in the country respectively. 

This East team is a very special group of players. 

The starting 5 the other night was: Lomax, Boyce, Dandridge, Wiseman, Lawson 

Webster Groves is in the City of Palms ... they are on the opposite side of the brakets though.

17 hours ago, toinemac said:

They still won’t have Ramey though will they 

Correct ... Ramey isn't mentioned in the Box Score. They definately missed his 20 pts/gm.

My man Louis King (6'-7", F, Oregon commit) went 6-7 from 3-pt range for Hudson Catholic. He ended up with 30 points on the night. Combine that with 18 points from Jahvon Quinerly (6'-1", G, #23 ESPN) and 11 pts from Luther Muhammad (6'-3", G, Ohio State commit) and that spelled doom for Webster Groves.

Edited by kwc