Catholic has Knoxville's Top Player

K2ruth

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew was a great coach.  Also a great teacher of the game.  He was removed in the middle of the season, one that they made it to the state semi finals, because of two moms with strong ties to K2.  Strange how the K2 coach who coached these mom's daughters who had zero high school coaching experience becomes the coach.  Strange?

Ruth has posted in the past as though she had absolute knowledge of a situation regarding K2 and coaching high school teams and it turned out she had no idea what she was talking about.  I take everything she posts with a grain.  Please stop posting rumors and innuendo and stick to topics of which you have actual fact. I have no affiliation with this high school nor with this club, I just get tired of reading all of her conspiracy theory threads. 

42 minutes ago, KnoxSportsMom said:

Ruth has posted in the past as though she had absolute knowledge of a situation regarding K2 and coaching high school teams and it turned out she had no idea what she was talking about.  I take everything she posts with a grain.  Please stop posting rumors and innuendo and stick to topics of which you have actual fact. I have no affiliation with this high school nor with this club, I just get tired of reading all of her conspiracy theory threads. 

Could not agree more with you.  K2 has been proven to have no clue.  K2's director has been on these boards calling K2ruth out on the lies (I'm not calling it mis-information, they were lies)

Agree 100%.  There was a time when this message board was really good and supportive of HS volleyball.  Now, it is almost vacant, in large part because it became so toxic a few years ago--especially from Knoxville folks.    You can't believe anything he/she posts.    On a side note...cannot wait for the State Tournament to kick off!

Do you know who won AAA Knoxville?  TSSAA still hasn't updated the bracket?  I am going to start a AAA thread.

Also, after reading this, why did Coach Garland get dismissed?  I remember it happening in the middle of the season but they let him finish out the year and almost won the state championship so I figured it was a parent issue.   I always liked him and the former Catholic Coach, Coach Jones.

Any info on the Knox winner would be great, I assume it was Farragut and HV.  Good luck to all!

33 minutes ago, BruinBabe said:

Do you know who won AAA Knoxville?  TSSAA still hasn't updated the bracket?  I am going to start a AAA thread.

Also, after reading this, why did Coach Garland get dismissed?  I remember it happening in the middle of the season but they let him finish out the year and almost won the state championship so I figured it was a parent issue.   I always liked him and the former Catholic Coach, Coach Jones.

Any info on the Knox winner would be great, I assume it was Farragut and HV.  Good luck to all!

AAA Region 2 tournament is tomorrow night at 5pm at Oak Ridge High School.

Hardin Valley (#1 District 3) vs. Bearden (#2 District 4) and

Oak Ridge (#1 District 4) vs. Heritage (#2 District 3).

Just read the other thread.  Thanks for the info, TSSAA still has not updated the brackets btw!

Also, do you know why Coach Garland was removed as coach, I had a long talk with him at state a couple three years ago and he was nice, and I thought his team looked great.  If I remember he lost to a Christian Academy who had a 6'6" player.  

Just wanted to clarify some stuff about Coach Garland and what happened at Catholic. He wasn't dismissed, he resigned with a few weeks left in the season. He left on his own will and yes, it was primarily due to a few parents and the culture at Catholic. He told me he doesn't regret his time there at all as he made some great friends. 

He's in South Carolina coaching now and won a private school league state title last year and was named SC private school league Coach of the Year.