Top teams in A

tonym3143

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, MauryCoHoops said:

Region 3: Van Buren County has Caden Mills returning, so with any supporting cast the Eagles could return to the State Tournament.

Region 5: Columbia Academy only had two seniors last year and are returning all but one starter from a team that made a semifinals run in last years State Tournament. 

Region 6: Loretto is returning a number of players from their State Tournament team and added an actual basketball coach. 

Only problem with Lake Co. is that they are still in the same district as Union City and Region with Humboldt

Region 8: Watch W.E.B. Dubois and MASE  

Humboldt had about 4 or 5 seniors and UC should be down unless they have players move in.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, yankees8589 said:

Imma go with them boy's from Tater Town, Gleason all the way!

Does Gleason still have a boys them?  I think their girls team could win more games than they can playing their same schedule.  How can there be such a RICH tradition of girls basketball in Gleason and the boys have the exact opposite tradition?

On 8/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, tonym3143 said:

A very solid 6'5" swing man that transferred from Bolivar. I believe Middleton would contend without him but now that he's there with Parks and Reaves and 5 or 6 solid role players...well...it'll be  interesting.

He will definitely help Middleton out.  Gives them some depth and consistency.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:05 AM, BullShark said:

Does Gleason still have a boys them?  I think their girls team could win more games than they can playing their same schedule.  How can there be such a RICH tradition of girls basketball in Gleason and the boys have the exact opposite tradition?

Because the emphasis in Gleason is football and always has been. My first job was an assistant basketball coach for the middle/high school. Usually, in small towns, the "athletes" play everything. There were a lot of kids that played football and baseball but didn't even consider basketball. 

Plus case studies show that rural schools do much better with girls basketball and boys basketball is one of the worst sports. 

On 8/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Because the emphasis in Gleason is football and always has been. My first job was an assistant basketball coach for the middle/high school. Usually, in small towns, the "athletes" play everything. There were a lot of kids that played football and baseball but didn't even consider basketball. 

Plus case studies show that rural schools do much better with girls basketball and boys basketball is one of the worst sports. 

I can see that.  I have been around west tn for over 30 years and can't remember the tater town boys ever being real competitive.  Kind of a shame.

49 minutes ago, ecu said:

I don't remember asking who is in 4 and 7. I know someone said the only problem with LC is being in the same district as Humboldt and UC .Lake Co has done pretty well against those teams the past several seasons .Last year both schools swept LC but LC was starting about 4 freshmen .UC wont be as strong and Humboldt I believe had 4 seniors starting.. Lake Co won a state title and runnerup  and even the year UC went undefeated Lake Co should have won all 3 games, especially 2 for sure. Had a 2 point lead in one of them with about 7 seconds left and M.J. Brown hit a 3 at the buzzer .Next game ,LC had a 4 point lead with about 2 minutes left and the ball and missed free throws. They lost but were very close games. Also this year Lake Co lost Halls and UC in the district. And I think Trenton as well. Those teams are in with JCS and Midfdleton. Lake Co has to compete with UC.,S.Fulton, Gleason ,Greenfield, Dresden  and Bradford. Should be able to at least get a top 4 finish every year .Boys basket ball will be strong in the other district from top to bottom and the girls on our side with Greenfield, Gleason and Dresden. Middleton girls will probably be over whelming  favorites most years in the other.

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Region 4

Cascade

Cornersville

Eagleville

Huntland

Moore County 

Grace Christian Academy

Independence Academy High School

KIPP Nashville Collegiate School

LEAD Academy 

Merrol Hyde Magnet School

Republic High School

STEM Prep Academy

Region 7 

Bradford

Dresden

Gibson County

Gleason

Greenfield 

Halls

Humboldt

Lake County

Madison Academy Magnet

Middleton

Peabody

South Fulton

Trinity Christian

Union City

2 minutes ago, MauryCoHoops said:

Region 4

Cascade

Cornersville

Eagleville

Huntland

Moore County 

Grace Christian Academy

Independence Academy High School

KIPP Nashville Collegiate School

LEAD Academy 

Merrol Hyde Magnet School

Republic High School

STEM Prep Academy

Region 7 

Bradford

Dresden

Gibson County

Gleason

Greenfield 

Halls

Humboldt

Lake County

Madison Academy Magnet

Middleton

Peabody

South Fulton

Trinity Christian

Union City

Regions will be tough but Lake Co district is easier than past years  with UC. Humboldt ,Lake Co, Halls and Trenton all in the same district.