Top teams in A

tonym3143

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, mrbigster said:

I don't remember asking who is in 4 and 7. I know someone said the only problem with LC is being in the same district as Humboldt and UC .Lake Co has done pretty well against those teams the past several seasons .Last year both schools swept LC but LC was starting about 4 freshmen .UC wont be as strong and Humboldt I believe had 4 seniors starting.. Lake Co won a state title and runnerup  and even the year UC went undefeated Lake Co should have won all 3 games, especially 2 for sure. Had a 2 point lead in one of them with about 7 seconds left and M.J. Brown hit a 3 at the buzzer .Next game ,LC had a 4 point lead with about 2 minutes left and the ball and missed free throws. They lost but were very close games. Also this year Lake Co lost Halls and UC in the district. And I think Trenton as well. Those teams are in with JCS and Midfdleton. Lake Co has to compete with UC.,S.Fulton, Gleason ,Greenfield, Dresden  and Bradford. Should be able to at least get a top 4 finish every year .Boys basket ball will be strong in the other district from top to bottom and the girls on our side with Greenfield, Gleason and Dresden. Middleton girls will probably be over whelming  favorites most years in the other.

Humboldt had five (5) seniors but only two (2) of them were starters, Walker (point guard) & Martin (shooting guard). Humboldt will have three (3) starters returning Jones, Pankey, Abernathy & several players that got playing time last year. Hopefully, Coach Abernathy will have the Vikings ready this year to make a run for the Gold ball.  Shaquille O'Neal (SHAQ) will be in Humboldt this weekend conducting several camps & speaking at the Oman arena to raise funds for Humboldt's Athletic department.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 1:35 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

I heard that Pickett's Bryson Yorke got hurt in football and will be out. That should drop  PC out of the picture. They'll be good but he turned into a very good player in his first year starting last year and this will really hurt PC.

I heard tonight that Bryson will be back for basketball so that puts PC back in the picture. Also that Clay County got a big player from Smith County so that might put them back into it too. I don't know how good Gordonsville will be coming into our district this year, but I don't expect much from RBS, or Trousdale County.  Clarkrange should be down a little and I haven't heard anything about Jackson County.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, mrbigster said:

I don't remember asking who is in 4 and 7. I know someone said the only problem with LC is being in the same district as Humboldt and UC .Lake Co has done pretty well against those teams the past several seasons .Last year both schools swept LC but LC was starting about 4 freshmen .UC wont be as strong and Humboldt I believe had 4 seniors starting.. Lake Co won a state title and runnerup  and even the year UC went undefeated Lake Co should have won all 3 games, especially 2 for sure. Had a 2 point lead in one of them with about 7 seconds left and M.J. Brown hit a 3 at the buzzer .Next game ,LC had a 4 point lead with about 2 minutes left and the ball and missed free throws. They lost but were very close games. Also this year Lake Co lost Halls and UC in the district. And I think Trenton as well. Those teams are in with JCS and Midfdleton. Lake Co has to compete with UC.,S.Fulton, Gleason ,Greenfield, Dresden  and Bradford. Should be able to at least get a top 4 finish every year .Boys basket ball will be strong in the other district from top to bottom and the girls on our side with Greenfield, Gleason and Dresden. Middleton girls will probably be over whelming  favorites most years in the other.

Humboldt and Middleton will battle it out for their District!

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt had five (5) seniors but only two (2) of them were starters, Walker (point guard) & Martin (shooting guard). Humboldt will have three (3) starters returning Jones, Pankey, Abernathy & several players that got playing time last year. Hopefully, Coach Abernathy will have the Vikings ready this year to make a run for the Gold ball.  Shaquille O'Neal (SHAQ) will be in Humboldt this weekend conducting several camps & speaking at the Oman arena to raise funds for Humboldt's Athletic department.

The Vikings also have a good group of Freshman coming up! Don't sleep on Humboldt Vikings have plenty talent coming back!

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

East Tn always seem to field some strong teams in the state tournament. Anyone have any idea as to who is the favorite coming out of Regions 1/2?

Not sure what Meigs will have this season....Feel Hampton is another year away from being tourney strong...But they will be stout in 2019 and forward for a few years

3 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Not sure what Meigs will have this season....Feel Hampton is another year away from being tourney strong...But they will be stout in 2019 and forward for a few years

I've recently added the Hampton area as part of my territory with work so i'm going to try to attend some games up there this year while i'm in town.