Top 10 Teams 2018

ObserverW

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2017 at 8:44 PM, Thethunda190 said:

I would put Christian Brothers and Arlington as my teams in the west, Beech and Father Ryan for middle, McCallie  and Cleveland for Chattanooga, and Science Hill and Heritage as the best in East Tennessee 

Halls has to be in the conversation in the east, I believe they beat Heritage any day of the week. No disrespect to Heritage, they will be very competitive this year, way more than the past few years. According to my research, I think Halls beats Heritage.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, topperpride11 said:

I'm still a little unclear on Wysong's eligibility at Cleveland but after what I've heard surrounding the transfer, I don't think he will be eligible this season.  Given that, and at the risk of sounding like a homer, I think Science Hill is the clear front runner for a state title.  With Nate, I think Cleveland makes it a battle.  Otherwise The Hill has too many returning weapons along with adding a few freshman and sophomores that have been mentioned before.  

We have 8 potential medalist, probably at least 4 finalist and maybe 5 if we have a great tournament.  

• Mann
  • Seeley*
  • Story*
  • James*
  • Diehl*
  • Kalogeros
  • Brown
  • Medina

In addition, we have a few just sitting outside a medal and will score real points.  This is the year that we bring a gold trophy back to East Tennessee!

Bradley County, TN is in East TN, so the gold trophy has been in East TN the last 20 years.

We return 11 out of 14 starters after a 29-1 season, with our only loss coming in the state finals to Bradley Central after previously beating them twice in the regular season. Science Hill as a clear front-runner for a ring is a bit of a stretch. I'm saying that only with the out most respect for your team. I really hope our two powerhouse programs get to battle it out on the mat this season. cheers mate. 

Hey folks, have you missed me?  Sorry about the absence, I've been focused on my son playing football, but since that is hopefully wrapping up soon let get into some numbers!

I went through the unscientific listing by Werazzlin and added up the number of wrestlers listed for each school.  I think the results were a bit surprising.  And I have to give it to my ole buddy ArtisClipper, his Hilltoppers have made the top of the list.

SH - 10

Clev - 7

BC - 6

WC - 6

Beech - 5

Indy - 4

Arlington - 4

Black - 4

TN - 3

Summit - 3

Halls - 3

MJ - 3

Heritage - 3

SD - 2

WBlount - 2

My commentary is as follows, I believe Mr. Roberts to be sandbagging his listing a slight amount so I think Beech is higher on the list.  Much to the dismay of many, BC has not fallen off the list as everyone predicted.  WC and Black were my two biggest head scratchers.

26 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Hey folks, have you missed me?  Sorry about the absence, I've been focused on my son playing football, but since that is hopefully wrapping up soon let get into some numbers!

I went through the unscientific listing by Werazzlin and added up the number of wrestlers listed for each school.  I think the results were a bit surprising.  And I have to give it to my ole buddy ArtisClipper, his Hilltoppers have made the top of the list.

SH - 10

Clev - 7

BC - 6

WC - 6

Beech - 5

Indy - 4

Arlington - 4

Black - 4

TN - 3

Summit - 3

Halls - 3

MJ - 3

Heritage - 3

SD - 2

WBlount - 2

My commentary is as follows, I believe Mr. Roberts to be sandbagging his listing a slight amount so I think Beech is higher on the list.  Much to the dismay of many, BC has not fallen off the list as everyone predicted.  WC and Black were my two biggest head scratchers.

Sandbagging???? What was i sandbagging about?

7 hours ago, ObserverW said:

I think you have a few others on your roster that will be contenders.  Maybe "being modest" is the better term, rather than sandbagging.  

I wouldn’t say sandbagging but I was thinking the same thing. Whether it’s trying to stay under the radar or trying to make people believe he honestly thinks they don’t have more contenders. I like not tooting your own horn though. Nice to give others some props. Good job coach. Good luck to you and your guys this year! I feel like you will have more than a few contenders tbh but we will see!