Top 10 Teams 2018

ObserverW

Coach is definitely being modest (sandbagging). I told him the same thing. Plus he is trying to mention our guys to get all the focus on us and off of his stud filled young crew! They're going to be a VERY tough team to beat this season! I think easily top 3 and could very well win the entire thing. 

But yes, thanks for doing those lists Coach. It added some good early discussions to the boards. 

Now here is another interesting thing to discuss along those lines: I think Region 5 may end up with more state medalists than the typical front runner Region 4 this season. Region 5 is stacked! Maybe Observer can do a little unscientific math to come up with how likely that may be. 

I wanted to create some wrestling discussion. Seems i have done it. Are my weights accurate? Probably not. My list are not rankings just discussions. Just to give some props to the kids across the state. 

As for sandbagging. not my intention at all. I have some kids that were not listed... yes. Those kids are Hulsey, M. Smith., Herron. NIx,. Those 4 can be very good as well. So now... No sandbagging

To me, its pretty clear that the hill is the team to beat this year. Cleveland and Bradley always claim to have "rebuilding years" but end up right back in top 3 in the state. Im gonna go on a limb here and say my preseason pick for the top four at the end of the season is

1. Science Hill

2. Cleveland

3. Bradley

4. Beech

Blood Round-

Halls

Wilson Central

Obviously its early and injuries and other factors could step in the way but this is where I'm thinking as of right now. This is me trying to stay as unbiased as I possibly can.

Edited by WrestlingGod

1 hour ago, CoachKramer said:

BEECH is one to watch this year.  Totally stacked from top to bottom. I don't believe that have any holes in their line up this year.  SandbagginG Roberts is what we call him.  : )

Why do you think SandbagginG Roberts started a thread on every single weight class. He is quietly building his strategy to beat  everyone in the state! :D :o 8-)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, werazzlin said:

I wanted to create some wrestling discussion. Seems i have done it. Are my weights accurate? Probably not. My list are not rankings just discussions. Just to give some props to the kids across the state. 

As for sandbagging. not my intention at all. I have some kids that were not listed... yes. Those kids are Hulsey, M. Smith., Herron. NIx,. Those 4 can be very good as well. So now... No sandbagging

I guess I’m wrong but I was thinking you had Kyle Smith for another year as well? I was thinking he and Rippy were the same year. I believe you have 7 or 8 medalists potentially. I was thinking Bates, Horst, Palmer, Hulsey, Smith, Herron (arguable one of the most loaded lightweight lineups in the state. Could turn out to be death row.) and then Rippy and I thought Kyle as well. Either way, you should have a solid team as always and I think we all look forward to seeing the Bucs this year! 

As as far as everyone else goes, I do agree Science Hill is the preseason favorite. There’s a lot of talent both returning and coming in. If they have a weak spot I don’t see it. And as always you can always count on Bradley, Cleveland, and Soddy to be contenders. Tennessee should be solid as well as Wilson Central and Halls. Heritage may be the dark horse along with a very talented Arlington team. Gonna be a fun year for sure! 

Edited by Bump11

8 hours ago, Bump11 said:

I guess I’m wrong but I was thinking you had Kyle Smith for another year as well? I was thinking he and Rippy were the same year. I believe you have 7 or 8 medalists potentially. I was thinking Bates, Horst, Palmer, Hulsey, Smith, Herron (arguable one of the most loaded lightweight lineups in the state. Could turn out to be death row.) and then Rippy and I thought Kyle as well. Either way, you should have a solid team as always and I think we all look forward to seeing the Bucs this year! 

As as far as everyone else goes, I do agree Science Hill is the preseason favorite. There’s a lot of talent both returning and coming in. If they have a weak spot I don’t see it. And as always you can always count on Bradley, Cleveland, and Soddy to be contenders. Tennessee should be solid as well as Wilson Central and Halls. Heritage may be the dark horse along with a very talented Arlington team. Gonna be a fun year for sure! 

Rippy and Smith same year. Kyle Smith is mentioned at 170. Rippy at 160. 

On 10/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, WrestlingGod said:

To me, its pretty clear that the hill is the team to beat this year. Cleveland and Bradley always claim to have "rebuilding years" but end up right back in top 3 in the state. Im gonna go on a limb here and say my preseason pick for the top four at the end of the season is

1. Science Hill   (Lost to Cleveland 48-12 last year if my memory is right) They are picking up Bodo, Mann and replacing Wysong with Frye.

2. Cleveland  (Lost Landers, Bowers, Garcia, Eachus from last year and to Bradley in the finals). They are picking up McDaniel, Bradford, Fivash, Laxton, and Lundy and Wysong if eligible.

3. Bradley  ( Lost 5 state champions but returning Gibson, Devaney, and some decent jv kids from last year.)

4. Beech ( Didn’t make the duals. Bring back Horst, Palmer, Rippy, Smith, Halsey. They are picking up Bates. 

Blood Round-

Halls (They wrestle hard just not very deep.)

Wilson Central ( Kramer will have them ready) They are picking up a good big kid but his name escapes me right now.

So calling Science Hill the favorite seems a little bit of a stretch. The beauty of this is all the teams wrestle Cleveland this year at some point. Good luck

Obviously its early and injuries and other factors could step in the way but this is where I'm thinking as of right now. This is me trying to stay as unbiased as I possibly can.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, WrestlingGod said: