Top 10 Teams 2018

ObserverW

48 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Same conversation, new year. Someone talking themselves up to dethrone Cleveland or Bradley. Cleveland Duals will be exciting. If Lundy and Wysong are not eligible, they still have logan Whiteside, he was pretty good, and Jayce Mullins.  

Can someone explain to me how Wysong will be eligible?  

20 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Same conversation, new year. Someone talking themselves up to dethrone Cleveland or Bradley. Cleveland Duals will be exciting. If Lundy and Wysong are not eligible, they still have logan Whiteside, he was pretty good, and Jayce Mullins.  

This is so true! Every year there is another team that is close and many think will overthrow the Chatt area team. However, the top team out of Region 4 is always the team that comes out on top. Cleveland has been there. Bradley has been there. Soddy has been there. Until proven otherwise, they are the teams to go through for a state championship. 

This year Cleveland is the "Team to beat". They've proven themselves and been at the top before. I believe that Beech has a chance to overtake them and I believe that we have the tools to do so as well. However, it's silly to say we are a "clear front runner"....It will take a lot of work to get our team to a place that we have never been before. It's new territory for our program. I definitely believe that we are the underdogs in this situation, as we should be. But I also believe it's an obtainable task. We are going to push our kids to shoot for that state title, get better throughout the season and bring the best dual team we can into Franklin in February. And by that time I think we will be a very tough team to beat. But so will Cleveland, Beech, and many others.

I don't think there is any clear front runner this year, but it sure is nice to have The Hill in the talk! 

33 minutes ago, KingGreene said:

This is so true! Every year there is another team that is close and many think will overthrow the Chatt area team. However, the top team out of Region 4 is always the team that comes out on top. Cleveland has been there. Bradley has been there. Soddy has been there. Until proven otherwise, they are the teams to go through for a state championship. 

This year Cleveland is the "Team to beat". They've proven themselves and been at the top before. I believe that Beech has a chance to overtake them and I believe that we have the tools to do so as well. However, it's silly to say we are a "clear front runner"....It will take a lot of work to get our team to a place that we have never been before. It's new territory for our program. I definitely believe that we are the underdogs in this situation, as we should be. But I also believe it's an obtainable task. We are going to push our kids to shoot for that state title, get better throughout the season and bring the best dual team we can into Franklin in February. And by that time I think we will be a very tough team to beat. But so will Cleveland, Beech, and many others.

I don't think there is any clear front runner this year, but it sure is nice to have The Hill in the talk! 

This is a post that would sound great in the newspaper but I'm reading between the lines and here is what I gather.  You say Cleveland is the team to beat and you are the underdog.  Yet five sentences later you say there is not a clear front runner.   I understand coaches being modest and not creating a target on their own back BUT I don't think you can have it both ways.  Either you say Cleveland is the front runner or you say its up for grabs and vote on yourself.  

I was taken to task last year for stating the obvious that Science Hill & Soddy were one of the few teams that always received the legacy vote because they were supposed to be considered one of the front runners.  Early on last year they were picked to be at the top of the heap and unfortunately neither was top 10.  This year, I think SH actually has the firepower to be considered a clear front runner and it seems that you don't want to carry that torch.  

Soddy on the other hand, doesn't seem to have it this year either.  

Edited by ObserverW

I remember a couple years ago whenever everybody said Wilson Central would beat Cleveland and the outcome was 73-6. Not saying Science Hill or Beech don’t have the guys to do it but it seems like every year guys get on here and say that Cleveland or Bradley will get beat but it hasn’t happened yet lol. I think Cleveland will win it all. With what they have returning plus guys that haven’t been mention and add Lundy. Talk is cheap prove it on that mat. And from what I’m hearing from Super 32s a lot of guys aren’t gonna make the weights that a lot of people are saying.

What are the potential starting line ups for these teams this year?  I understand a lot can change between now and February, and I am fully aware teams often "bump" wrestlers in duals, however I think it would be very interesting to see how teams are looking to line up from 106 to 285 for the 17-18 season.  If there are any coaches, teachers, parents, or fans of schools like Cleveland, Bradley Central, Science Hill, Beech, Soddy, Heritage, Arlington, TN High, Wilson Central, Knox Halls or any of the other schools that have been mentioned, could you please give us casual fans your potential starting line up so we can start looking at big match ups coming this season!

21 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

What are the potential starting line ups for these teams this year?  I understand a lot can change between now and February, and I am fully aware teams often "bump" wrestlers in duals, however I think it would be very interesting to see how teams are looking to line up from 106 to 285 for the 17-18 season.  If there are any coaches, teachers, parents, or fans of schools like Cleveland, Bradley Central, Science Hill, Beech, Soddy, Heritage, Arlington, TN High, Wilson Central, Knox Halls or any of the other schools that have been mentioned, could you please give us casual fans your potential starting line up so we can start looking at big match ups coming this season!

yeahhhhh-i-dont-59f739.jpg

We'll probably have to wait until the results from the preseason and first week of duals get put up on Track to have a good idea of these teams' lineups. All we can do now is speculate.

7 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I seriously doubt any coach or fan is gonna put up a potential starting lineup 

My apologies, I didn't see many fans hesitant to throw names out on the boards for each weight class, so  I guess I'll have to spend a couple of hours piecing those together instead.  

Question though- Why is the starting line up such a secret in high school wrestling?  Football has the Murphy's Fair magazine every year that has almost every school in the state listing their projected starters from the pre-season and I am sure baseball and basketball have something similar;  College sport teams release their starting line ups to the media on a weekly basis-  So I am just curious, why is this such a secret? 

8 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

My apologies, I didn't see many fans hesitant to throw names out on the boards for each weight class, so  I guess I'll have to spend a couple of hours piecing those together instead.  

Question though- Why is the starting line up such a secret in high school wrestling?  Football has the Murphy's Fair magazine every year that has almost every school in the state listing their projected starters from the pre-season and I am sure baseball and basketball have something similar;  College sport teams release their starting line ups to the media on a weekly basis-  So I am just curious, why is this such a secret? 

Lol I’m with you. I guess coaches don’t want anyone to plan against them. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, sx1234 said:

I think it's more than coaches being coy. Way too many variables. The larger , better programs are likely still wrestling off to see who gets the start and this can change several times, there is still the issue of who makes weight and how long it will take him to get down to the final weight towards the end of the season. A few wrestlers are still playing football ....

I just had a conversation with a coach of a top ten team. He told me he is not opposed to putting out a line up, he feels that any good coach has done their homework anyway so putting it on Coacht won't make a difference. He said he thinks the reasoning is most coaches try to avoid Coacht to avoid the drama!  Hahaha. Drama?? On Coacht?  I guess we will see if that holds true, who will be the first to post a lineup? 

As has become the tradition at Tennessee High, it appears we will start each dual minus 12 or 18 due to forfeits--makes life much more exciting.  Ha!  It is exciting but unusual that we actually have more than 11 wrestlers this season but unfortunately instead of covering 14 were going to be 3 deep in certain areas.  We're just hoping we don't have to take 2 buses.

I don't see any harm in throwing out a line up, it will give you guys more to discuss.  

106 - Nault/Willis/Walters

113 - Nelson

120 - 

126 - McCray

132 - Pendley

138 - Fields/Saucier/Kelso

145 - Harter

152 - Ferguson/Bailey

160 - Rosenbaum/Stinchcomb

170 -

182 - Hurley

195 - Jenkins/Fields