Sequoyah @ McMinn Central

charger05

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be a good game.  Sequoyah looked very sloppy in the win last week especially in the first half.  If they cannot clean up the penalties then I would say Mcminn has a great opportunity to win.  I haven't seen Mcminn play in a while how did they look last week? I know they usually have some pretty good athletes.

10 hours ago, MocoSportsFan said:

Sequoyah had a very good 2nd half they came out and rolled in the 2nd half last week. If they can keep that up for the whole game then I think SHS takes home the W. If they play sloppy it'll be anyone's game. 

MCentral defense did a great job Friday.  To many turnovers and penalties at crucial times.  Defense was on the field way to long.  Score really did not dictate game.  Central did some good things.  Don't know much about Seq, other than what I seen at  jamboree.  Team with the least turnovers and penalties probably takes this one.

21 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Sequoyah will win this one unless they have a LOT of turnovers and mistakes. I haven't seen Central's schedule but they won't beat many teams.

Interesting, I have a hard time believing Seq. defense is going to be better than McMinn.  Central showed some signs of good things Friday.  Is Seq. offense that good?  Honestly, I think this one can go either way.

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Interesting, I have a hard time believing Seq. defense is going to be better than McMinn.  Central showed some signs of good things Friday.  Is Seq. offense that good?  Honestly, I think this one can go either way.

This Is a vastly improved Sequoyah team from the previous years. I don't know what is different but the kids are playing at a higher level. I think Sequoyah takes this one if they don't have mental breakdowns and turnovers 

1 hour ago, MocoSportsFan said:

This Is a vastly improved Sequoyah team from the previous years. I don't know what is different but the kids are playing at a higher level. I think Sequoyah takes this one if they don't have mental breakdowns and turnovers 

Ditto, but I will say MCentral is young.  Hoping for an injury free game.

3 hours ago, logcabinman said:

I was at the McMinn Co game Friday and watched both teams close. I played college football and used to coach in high school and college so I think my assessment is pretty good. McMinn Co is not a real good team for so it might not be hard for Sequoyah to be as good. Central didn't show me much. I really don't know much about Sequoyah but having seen Central get beat bad by that McMinn Co team tells me that Central better improve a lot and quickly or they will have a long season. I am hoping to be at the game this week.