Top players from Region 1- 8, A - AAA

Here's my list for Region 7 - 1A : Jayden Green (Gleason), Chloe Moore (Greenfield), Tess Darby (Greenfield), Dymond Smith (Union City), Makayla Peterson (Dresden), Jayla Cook (Humboldt), Savannah Lee (TCA) :  2A - Deja Graves (Westview), Tasia Jones (Westview), Kyla Taylor (Lexington), Quanardra Miller (JaxSS), Deadra McElrath (Riverside), Khyla Wade-Warren (McNairy), Raegan Johnson (Westview) :  3A - entire Arlington High team, Cierra Taylor (Dyer Co.), Gabby Crawford (Munford)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bobcat2 said:

Khyla Wade-Warren has received letters from the following colleges before her sophomore year:

Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Eastern Kentucky, Alabama State, Seton Hall, Old Dominion, Lee University, Butler, Marshall, Gardner Webb, Dartmouth, Morehead State, East Tennessee, Memphis, Tenn Chatt, Belmont, UTM, UAH, Boston College, Furman, Bryant, Cal State, Southern Miss, Yale, North Carolina AT

Letters?  Meaning?    Offers?

On 9/7/2017 at 1:36 PM, Bobcatsfan said:

Bullshark, you sound like a jealous parent. Khyla is not my child. I do not know which team you support, but I hope they are on McNairy's schedule. I signed in to put her name with the other good players. 

Not a jealous parent at all. I have no dogs in the girls basketball hunt.  My kids are long gone. I agree Khyla is a great player. I said it in my above post.  But there are 15 year old and younger kids all over the place that have offers already. The two, soon to be sophs at greenfield have had offers from Martin since the summer. And based on the last 3 seasons at McNairy, unless you clone Khyla a few times, the Bobcats cant cash the check that your post is making.  

On Thursday, September 07, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Bobcat2 said:

Your right, interest letters do not pay college bills but she is only fifteen years old and is not allowed to receive offer letters. Also, I am neither of Khylas' parents, I just acknowledge good players when I see them.

As the parent of an athlete, it's always exciting when they get letters. Khyla IS ALLOWED to receive offers, but she can't officially sign with a school until her junior year. The two Greenfield kids received several offers as 14 year-old freshman last season. The PG has multiple D1 offers. McNairy's Wade-Warren is 6'3, 185 lbs, so if she can chew bubble gum and walk at the same time D1 coaches will be interested.  I've watched KWW and she's a good player. Bobcat2, I don't think the others meant any disrespect to Khyla, but were just looking for some clarification on if she was receiving actual scholarship offers from all those schools or just letters of interest. 

On Sept 7, 2017, Rick Bolus/ kyprephoops.com released their preseason list of Tennessee's top 2017-2018 players. Congrats to all the local kids that made the list ! Here are the West Tn kids that made the list - Jamirah Schutes ( Sr. - Haywood ), Deja Graves ( Sr. - Westview ), Ashton Hulme ( Sr. - USJ ),  Lexi Trice ( Sr. - McNairy ), Quanardra Miller ( Jr. - Jackson SS ), Tess Darby ( So. - Greenfield ), Chloe Moore ( So. - Greenfield ). Can't wait to see these young ladies perform this season. 

This is khylas dad. First off she's not 6'3 185 and I think she can do more than chew gum and walk and who my daughter has been corresponding with is her business whether she has offers or interest letters shouldn't open the door for any downplay of her game. People get on here and make comments and try to play analysis.  If  you were at any of her exposure games this summer  you would know that khylas size is not uncommon in a event with hundreds of girls that size and bigger  on every team.i think you need to be careful and choose your words when you mention her name..by the way Lexi trice plays for Jackson south side

Edited by Jwarren
None