Gallatin at Hillsboro

MJGOLDENBEARS

Very intriguing matchup here folks. Gallatin is 2-0...first  mopping up Springfield followed by a convincing win over Station Camp. As for Hillsboro it's yet to be determined how good they are. The 5a poll is being fairly generous to them by placing them number 2 but they did just roll over Stratford with ease. Looks like a good game in store for the fans. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what this game will show us. Is Gallatin good or competition bad? Did Hillsboro just run into a buzz saw week one? 

Not sure what to think about either just yet. Hillsboro played arguably the best team in the state week one, but the score looked very lopsided. I think it's way too early to tell, until there are a few more games played, on just where everyone fits. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

Not sure what this game will show us. Is Gallatin good or competition bad? Did Hillsboro just run into a buzz saw week one? 

Not sure what to think about either just yet. Hillsboro played arguably the best team in the state week one, but the score looked very lopsided. I think it's way too early to tell, until there are a few more games played, on just where everyone fits. 

IMO, this will be a very telling game for both teams, no matter how early the season. A win by either team means they are a pretty good team, and the only way I would think either team is "okay" would be having a convincing loss. Hillsboro will be a test for sure. Fact is, 99% of schools in this state would lose to Brentwood Academy the way Hillsboro did.

I can tell you Gallatin definitely not a powerhouse by no means. The Springfield game score was no where close to what the real game looked like and Springfield was missing a few key starters. With that being said they are a solid football team but I dont see them keeping this one close. I will take the burros by 21

11 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

I can tell you Gallatin definitely not a powerhouse by no means. The Springfield game score was no where close to what the real game looked like and Springfield was missing a few key starters. With that being said they are a solid football team but I dont see them keeping this one close. I will take the burros by 21

Who were the key starters they were missing?  

Gallatin's problem this year has been dumb penalties and turnovers.  If those can be fixed and they were better in last week's game, then Gallatin should be able to compete with Hillsboro.  Even though this is a week 3 game, I think this will determine a home field playoff game, with the winner coming in 1st or 2nd.  In all due respect those other 3 metro schools are not on the same level as Beech, Hillsboro and Gallatin.  At least it appears that way. 

1 hour ago, bigdawgtn said:

We'll see.

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin's problem this year has been dumb penalties and turnovers.  If those can be fixed and they were better in last week's game, then Gallatin should be able to compete with Hillsboro.  Even though this is a week 3 game, I think this will determine a home field playoff game, with the winner coming in 1st or 2nd.  In all due respect those other 3 metro schools are not on the same level as Beech, Hillsboro and Gallatin.  At least it appears that way. 

I must agree with most of this post. This matchup is the first of 3 games this season that should determine the top 3 in the region.  Gallatin vs Hillsboro, Beech vs Hillsboro, and Beech Vs Gallatin.  

Gallatin has to clean up the turnovers and penalties. The Wave has yet to play at its full potential this season.  

Im not one to "throw out" games on a team's record, but you might as well treat Hillsboro like a 1-0 team.  BA is head and shoulders above anyone in the state.

Truth is half of this region is very weak.  Hillwood, Hunters Lane, and Glencliff are fighting to see who will make the playoffs with a 2-8 or 3-7 record.   Beech, Gallatin, and Hillsboro will crush those three teams.  So the round robin between these three teams are, more than likely, the only games that will decide first, second, and third.  So this is one of three important games to be played in this region.  Winner of this game has a leg up on the others.  Should at least propel them to a home game in the first round of the play-offs.  As far as who that will be, hard to tell.  Gallatin has two wins (Springfield is decent, SC is below average), but hasn't played great.  Hillsboro has the home field advantage (but not a very big advantage as few people attend), has played a great team (BA) and got thumped, and a decent team and won.  So, this is a toss up with a lot riding on it.