8-AA 2017

tnhoosier

Season is almost here.... Predictions? Top Players, etc...

1. Macon Co

2. Upperman

3. Cannon Co 

4. York Ins.

5. Livingston Aca.

6. DeKalb Co

7. Smith Co

8. Watertown (will admit I know nothing about them, Just going by word of  mouth, may be much better than what I have heard?)

Edited by tnhoosier
Addition to post.

Ah boy here we go ! Carter vs Levy? Carter is great, Levy  is better. Hurst vs Bullington ,Hurst at 5 11 much more diversified can play post and shoot threes advantage  Hurst. And freshman Macon middle had three losses to whom? Upperman. Not an Upperman  fan folks but let me tell ya they are loaded 9 th grade 8th grade and 7 th.  Will Macon  beat upperman possibly but Upperman  not going away!!

On 9/22/2017 at 5:11 PM, repoman said:

Ah boy here we go ! Carter vs Levy? Carter is great, Levy  is better. Hurst vs Bullington ,Hurst at 5 11 much more diversified can play post and shoot threes advantage  Hurst. And freshman Macon middle had three losses to whom? Upperman. Not an Upperman  fan folks but let me tell ya they are loaded 9 th grade 8th grade and 7 th.  Will Macon  beat upperman possibly but Upperman  not going away!!

They are loaded up with good 9th and 8th graders. They have two good 7th graders..not sure if that is loaded or not in that grade? However, they will be around to stay for the next 5 years at least. 

Macon may have the better team this year, but the best player in the district may be enough to put them over the top. I am gonna go Upperman 1, Macon 2 until Macon proves otherwise. I think it is a LARGE falloff from those two back to the field though. 

I will go Cannon/York 3-4, but I believe York has the tools to be the 3, but not sure yet they will do it. Again, they have to play their way into that conversation and they haven't done that yet. Haylee Johnson and Harli Smith will be a handful for the entire district from YAI and they may be 2 of the best 3 players on the floor every single night in that district. 

5-8 I would go with what Hoosier said...I could see Coach Riddle moving LA up the rankings some, but they are not what they have been in the past few years. It will be interesting to see how they respond to being doubted, which could be the best fire starter for LA this year. Sometimes not having the pressure to perform makes things come easier....I guess we will see.

Macon fan here and I agree that Upperman and Macon should separate themselves from the rest, but also think that Cannon will also clearly separate themselves from the remainder.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them upset Upperman or Macon at some point in the year.  Also agree with above that Macon may be better across the board, but Levy can carry her team by herself.  Upperman is favorite until Macon, or someone else, beats them.  Looking forward to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics and somewhat comments on team. Please correct me if I'm wrong with the names.

Macon---- not taking a thing from coach McWilliams but I think they have more depth this year and has good size. Carter, Bullington, and rest of gang could make lots of noise. They also have an incoming freshman that's not too bad either.

Baxter -- I really see this as a two-man race in the making but when you have Levy and the rest of that bunch, plus coach McWilliams coaching that team they're bound to be pretty good. I heard only nine players on the roster so that could hurt or help them down the line.

Cannon and DeKalb. ------they were very young last year and will be very young this year but a years experience is going to help both of those teams. 

Livingston and York. I have a great deal of respect for Coach riddle and how she gets those girls ready to play. If I'm not mistaken they lost all their starters so it will be an uphill climb this year York has got the Smith girl and she is a game changer and a bunch of those kids played a lot of minutes last year.

Smith and Watertown-----I know more about Smith and less about Watertown than any team I put on here .1. My kids play for Smith County and 2.Watertown is coming into our district for the first time. Coach Price will do a good job of getting those kids ready I really like the way he coaches. Coach Moore has his work cut out for him for the fact that you lose five seniors and four starters and very little experience coming back so the first of the year is going to be sad singing and slow walking for the Lady owl's. Good luck to all teams and hope and pray that it's an injury-free season. God bless

Edited by scatback
Grammatical error

I think Levy may be needed to do more this year than the last two. She will also not have the supporting cast she had the last two years. With that being said depending on how well a couple of sophomores play could make a large difference. 6' 1" post player with very long arms and a 5' 9" guard if they have progressed over the summer and after a few early season games. By conference play they could be a an added boost the team will need.

Macon will be good and with what they have coming back along with good coaching they will be hard to beat. Macon and UHS 1 & 2 for sure may come down to the last meeting of the season to decide. 

I think York maybe the surprise of the district. They have a couple of players that did very well over the summer. I agree 3-5 should be close and a toss up depending on injury and how team chemistry goes. Cannon-LA -York.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 5:11 PM, repoman said:

Agree

On 9/26/2017 at 10:09 AM, tssaafan said:

Macon fan here and I agree that Upperman and Macon should separate themselves from the rest, but also think that Cannon will also clearly separate themselves from the remainder.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them upset Upperman or Macon at some point in the year.  Also agree with above that Macon may be better across the board, but Levy can carry her team by herself.  Upperman is favorite until Macon, or someone else, beats them.  Looking forward to the season.

Macon might have a better total team through first 8 players, but UHS has the two best players in District, Levy and Hurst. 

16 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Macon might have a better total team through first 8 players, but UHS has the two best players in District, Levy and Hurst. 

That very well may be true and with no disrespect to Hurst who is a very good player, but I think the Smith girl from York may be the 2nd best player in the district.