8-AA 2017

tnhoosier

12 minutes ago, tssaafan said:

That very well may be true and with no disrespect to Hurst who is a very good player, but I think the Smith girl from York may be the 2nd best player in the district.

You very well may be correct. I think York could be the surprise of the district this up coming season. It will be interesting to see how the district shakes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adjusted predictions after week 1 and seeing some of these teams play: 

1. Upperman

2. Macon County

3. Cannon County

4. York

5. LA

6. Smith Co.

7. Dekalb Co.

8. Watertown

Honestly 5-8 could go either way any given night. I think 3-4 could go either way. There is much bigger gap between U and Macon County than I thought there would be based on scores from week 1. 

10 hours ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Adjusted predictions after week 1 and seeing some of these teams play: 

1. Upperman

2. Macon County

3. Cannon County

4. York

5. LA

6. Smith Co.

7. Dekalb Co.

8. Watertown

Honestly 5-8 could go either way any given night. I think 3-4 could go either way. There is much bigger gap between U and Macon County than I thought there would be based on scores from week 1. 

Agree

We should know a whole lot more about where the teams in 8AA fall after this week. Macon at Clay tonight and at York on Friday night should show us if York is a serious threat to the top 2. 

Cannon has underperformed so far this year according to their scores, so it will be interesting to see how this district looks 1-2 weeks from now after a few district games are played. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:15 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

Upperman by 25, Dekalb by 15, LA by 5 since it is AT LA (these two teams are about even...could easily go either way), Macon by 12 at York. I think that could be a good game, but depends on how York manages game situations and if they can control the runs of Macon. AND FOUL TROUBLE!!

Pretty accurate. LA won by 4. Upperman won by 19. Dekalb won close and was behind 15 early with the come from behind win. Macon won by 25....those runs and game situations were the key. Down 7 with around 3 to play in the first half, macon scored 10-12 in a row to end the half. Ended up creating the separation for the game with that run.