ND @ Webb

Booger

Arnt no need in puttin a pause on this ND vs Webb thread.....this game for many around the state has been circled ever since TSSAA PUBs forced the Irish out and made them join the elite league of Privateers......has to b one of the most anticpated TN HS games of the year....at least in the newly restructed DII......For sure the big one to watch in all of TN Week 7 .......... tho there will b plenty of PUBBERS chimin in on the outcome of this game for sure....

Booger Quick Hits

- prior to kick-off on 29 September......Webb will show up @ 2-2 on the season, ND will show up @ 4-1 for what appears to b for a Region Title

*both teams losses have been handed to them by Big Boy recruitin programs in DII-AAA......tho one of Webbs losses was actually a DII-AA school playin up

- both teams have a mid-season off week prior to this match-up:

*ND takes this week to send its Sr players to a Annualized Worship Treat up in the mountains for paint ballin and story tellin

*Webb took this week so it could have additional time to brainiac and prepare for the Irish

- Points For - Against stats......

* ND (W-L 224-99) in 5 games.....Avg. 45-20

* Webb (W-L 110-127) in 4 games.....Avg. 28-32

- these 2 teams have opposed each other just 10 times in their school history with Webb dominatin the series 8-2....most recent game played back in 2004 when Webb won 22-7.....ND last win of only 2, gainst Webb, came back in 2002 when the Irish eaked out the victory 20-17

- State Championships:

* Webb - 8 (6 in DII)

* ND - 0

....Score Pridiction Programs have this Webb runnin away with this thing ........tho SOS & PR rankers have the Irish on top.....and they all say High scorin......

...ND in its inaugural season in DII; gonna get to see what it takes to run with Spartan4Life aka BaylorLover and his Big Dogs of DII-A (now DII-AA) FB over the last 10 years

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

12 minutes ago, Booger said:

Arnt no need in puttin a pause on this ND vs Webb thread.....this game for many around the state has been circled ever since TSSAA PUBs forced the Irish out and made them join the elite league of Privateers......has to b one of the most anticpated TN HS games of the year....at least in the newly restructed DII......For sure the big one to watch in all of TN Week 7 .......... tho there will b plenty of PUBBERS chimin in on the outcome of this game for sure....

Booger Quick Hits

- prior to kick-off on 29 September......Webb will show up @ 2-2 on the season, ND will show up @ 4-1 for what appears to b for a Region Title

*both teams losses have been handed to them by Big Boy recruitin programs in DII-AAA......tho one of Webbs losses was actually a DII-AA school playin up

- both teams have a mid-season off week prior to this match-up:

*ND takes this week to send its Sr players to a Annualized Worship Treat up in the mountains for paint ballin and story tellin

*Webb took this week so it could have additional time to brainiac and prepare for the Irish

- Points For - Against stats......

* ND (W-L 224-99) in 5 games.....Avg. 45-20

* Webb (W-L 110-127) in 4 games.....Avg. 28-32

- these 2 teams have opposed each other just 10 times in their school history with Webb dominatin the series 8-2....most recent game played back in 2004 when Webb won 22-7.....ND last win of only 2, gainst Webb, came back in 2002 when the Irish eaked out the victory 20-17

- State Championships:

* Webb - 8 (6 in DII)

* ND - 0

....Score Pridiction Programs have this Webb runnin away with this thing ........tho SOS & PR rankers have the Irish on top.....and they all say High scorin......

...ND in its inaugural season in DII; gonna get to see what it takes to run with Spartan4Life aka BaylorLover and his Big Dogs of DII-A (now DII-AA) FB over the last 10 years

Lots of good info in there booger. I appreciate it. I was going to wait until next week to start this but I guess we will hype it for two weeks.

My prediction is this will be a high scoring game. Notre Dame has too many offensive weapons to not put up some points especially since Grace Christian was able to put up 3 offensive TD's without a Cameron Wynn on their team. But I also think Webb will score on ND. Looking at the Central game (ND's toughest opponent since opening week at Baylor) they were able to run the ball on ND. Webb has three guys that could outrun McGhee #16 (of Central) in their sleep. However, McGhee is very physical and possibly harder to bring down once you get hands on him. 

I see this game getting into the 70's and 80's as far as points are scored. I am going to try to watch some ND film if possible to get a better idea of what the Irish are bringing. I know this will be both teams toughest match ups outside of the D2-AAA powers they have both played. 

I am interested to see Wynn/Baker against Howard/Jefferson. Should be a great one! 

1 hour ago, Booger said:

Arnt no need in puttin a pause on this ND vs Webb thread.....this game for many around the state has been circled ever since TSSAA PUBs forced the Irish out and made them join the elite league of Privateers....

No forcing out, they could have remained in Division I. Knoxville Catholic managed it.

nope; not true Boogers lil TeePee dwellin Injun friend from Dunlop......by the new quidelines Injuns lil sidekick Lane and the rest of them pocketeerin self soothers on the BOC at TSSAA wrote up while they were down at that Gulf Shores condo........ Catholic North was the only private school in the state that could quit bein private and b a PUB cause they dintin do any student aidin in their school

Squatchy better b for rightin that ship gainst Bledso this week and gettin back on track......Smith County comin for your Region trophy real soon

I have not seen many high school teams as talented in all 3 phases as ND.  They have plenty of size, speed, toughness and depth to compete with most.  I have not seen Webb so I am basing this solely off of the outcome of the Grace Knox game, which many posters said was close until late.  Unless Webb is like a Baylor or McCallie, they're not ready for this buzz saw.

ND 30

Webb 20

2 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

I have not seen many high school teams as talented in all 3 phases as ND.  They have plenty of size, speed, toughness and depth to compete with most.  I have not seen Webb so I am basing this solely off of the outcome of the Grace Knox game, which many posters said was close until late.  Unless Webb is like a Baylor or McCallie, they're not ready for this buzz saw.

ND 30

Webb 20

tell'em BBF......put all their focus on Wynn.....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

3 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

ND 30

Webb 20

I am guessing you are basing this off of Grace and Notre Dame both playing you guys. It's hard to tell from the score who was better because it was lopsided. But I gather you are saying ND is about 31 points better than Grace and by far the superior team of the two? 

30 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I am guessing you are basing this off of Grace and Notre Dame both playing you guys. It's hard to tell from the score who was better because it was lopsided. But I gather you are saying ND is about 31 points better than Grace and by far the superior team of the two? 

If I understand you correctly, you are correct in that I think ND is superior to Grace Knox. 

32 minutes ago, BoydBucFan said:

If I understand you correctly, you are correct in that I think ND is superior to Grace Knox. 

I do think ND is probably better. You say superior. What specific things in your two games with them did you see that makes ND four scores better than Grace? 

Curious. Not disagreeing. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

58 minutes ago, BoydBucFan said:

Booger hopin BBF is prepared to defend himself...........over and over and over and over and over

.....Sparty Red Raider ant gonna like where BBF is goin

This should be an interesting game.  I've seen ND this year and was impressed with their physical play and very talented playmakers.  I haven't seen Webb this year yet but have seen them the last several years and am familiar with what they have returning from last year's team; my son knows several of their players and I've watched some of them play since little league.

As an outsider with no dog in the fight, my impression is that Webb might have a few more weapons to kill you with than ND, assuming both teams are at full strength injury-wise.  Super duper fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast but not quite as super duper fast WR/DB for ND; super fast WB/DB for Webb vs. also very fast WR/DB for ND; power RB/LB for Webb vs. power RB for ND.  Some very good sized, physical linemen on each team.  Webb still has 2-3 more guys who can beat you on any given play that I haven't even mentioned.  ND has great team speed, but my impression is Webb has a little more.

Assuming there's not a significant margin favoring one team +/- on turnovers, my guess would be Webb wins a very close/competitive game.  A significant TO margin for one team might decide the outcome.  Coaching might very well determine the outcome since the talent levels seem to be fairly close.  Good luck to both teams.