170AAA

werazzlin

170 has a whole lot of Variables. I am not sure who is going to go here or be 182. or even 160

IF Satterfield is here he is a high placer returning. Jones (Cleveland), Smith (Beech), Smith Ravenewood, Morrell (Science Hill), 

Fowler (Blackman) could end up at 170 also. Possibly Quinn (mt Juliet). 

Add comments if you know who is going to be at this weight.

1 hour ago, salterjd said:

I think Chase is a great wrestler. Personally I can't put him above Grayson, Satterfield, or Smith at 170 right now. At 160, would be hard pressed to put him in front of Fowler or Rippy.  Not saying he can't make that leap, but right now those other guys have to be the favorites.

I would disagree.  I think Diehl a clear finalist at either weight.  Rippy would probably be his biggest obstacle at 160.  All due respect, I don't see Fowler repeating as a finalist, I wouldn't use the word fluke, but I would say 9 out of 10 matches Rippy beats him.  Great tournament for him last year though and I'm looking forward to him proving it wasn't a fluke.  Diehl is one of the hardest working wrestlers in the state and always knows how to win.

1 hour ago, topperpride11 said:

I would disagree.  I think Diehl a clear finalist at either weight.  Rippy would probably be his biggest obstacle at 160.  All due respect, I don't see Fowler repeating as a finalist, I wouldn't use the word fluke, but I would say 9 out of 10 matches Rippy beats him.  Great tournament for him last year though and I'm looking forward to him proving it wasn't a fluke.  Diehl is one of the hardest working wrestlers in the state and always knows how to win.

It would be fun to see them all wrestle. If Fowler, Rippy, and Diehl are all in the same bracket at state, wouldn't Rippy and Diehl  end up on the lower half (2 & 3 seed) with Fowler at the top of the bracket; he had the higher state placement last year? I don't see anyone else pushing Fowler for a spot in the finals if those two are on the bottom side of the bracket (guess I should have saved that for the 160 thread).

4 hours ago, topperpride11 said:

I would have to think that Chase Diehl, Science Hill is a clear finalist, if not a favorite, to win it where ever he falls 170 or 160.  

I also think Austin Antcliffe from Arlington should be in the discussion either at 170/160.  

If I had to guess I think you will see Antcliffe start at 182 and end up at 170 by February.  If he stays healthy and continues on his development he will give anyone who hopes to medal, fits.  I expect as a junior he will be place somewhere in the top six at 170 this year.  

Edited by Nainten