NFL tallent

Lead

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should get some posters thinking. Cobb from Alcoa, Lynn Swann has Alcoa connections but did he play there? Witten from 'betsy. Hightower. Adkins. Spradlin. Too late on a football Saturday to be to good at this game so you guys have to fill in the schools. Reggie White. John Henderson.

Edited by plumb69

I recall Dobyns-Bennett had a lot back in the 40/50s, MBA (I know one pretty well ;)), Oak Ridge, and Melrose would be higher than LC I think. BA probably has most in the more recent history. 

Claude Humphrey, Too-Tall Jones, and Reggie White are the only HOFers I can think of... not sure of specific schools, White was Howard I think?  Steve Spurrier is another notable from Science Hill I think...  oh, Bill Wade from MBA was very good also in the 50s, number 1 overall pick. 

22 hours ago, bcd said:

I recall Dobyns-Bennett had a lot back in the 40/50s, MBA (I know one pretty well ;)), Oak Ridge, and Melrose would be higher than LC I think. BA probably has most in the more recent history. 

Claude Humphrey, Too-Tall Jones, and Reggie White are the only HOFers I can think of... not sure of specific schools, White was Howard I think?  Steve Spurrier is another notable from Science Hill I think...  oh, Bill Wade from MBA was very good also in the 50s, number 1 overall pick. 

White was out of Howard and Spurrier Science Hill but lived in Cocke County before high school I think. Humboldt's Doug Atkins is in the college football and NFL hall of fame I believe.

Too tall and Claude Humphrey went to schools that no longer exist. Jones was Jackson Central Merry, not sure about Claude, just remember reading about him a few years ago. Anybody reading my posts on this topic needs to fact check me because I'm going on memory and that is dangerous at my age.

Leadfarmer this is a fun topic and I'm glad you got it going.

21 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Too tall and Claude Humphrey went to schools that no longer exist. Jones was Jackson Central Merry, not sure about Claude, just remember reading about him a few years ago. Anybody reading my posts on this topic needs to fact check me because I'm going on memory and that is dangerous at my age.

Leadfarmer this is a fun topic and I'm glad you got it going.

Thanks man. I was just sitting around thinking over the weekend with all the talk in the past about which school has the most state championships it sparked my curiosity about who had produced the most pro players.  Just a good history lesson on some of the big names that have come out of Tennessee high schools.