152AAA

werazzlin

Most of these kids are 145's that we are assuming will probably go up one weight from last season. Another one that was in that 145 class last season and could go up and make some noise here is Dalton Cockman. He lost to Weist in OT in the blood round last season. Someone made a statement in a different thread about him being at Arlington now. If that is the case (and he is eligible) I think he will benefit greatly from that room and coaches and be a top contender as well. 

1 minute ago, KingGreene said:

Most of these kids are 145's that we are assuming will probably go up one weight from last season. Another one that was in that 145 class last season and could go up and make some noise here is Dalton Cockman. He lost to Weist in OT in the blood round last season. Someone made a statement in a different thread about him being at Arlington now. If that is the case (and he is eligible) I think he will benefit greatly from that room and coaches and be a top contender as well. 

Definitely

38 minutes ago, KingGreene said:

I would expect Cockman to be eligible... believe the family moved.

Josh looked great with us at Disney as well. He has put in a lot of work this offseason and as long as he stays healthy I would put him on the top of this group at 152.

I would also not be surprised to see Harter right up there with him and surpassing the already known names like Wilson and Weist. Harter had Wilson on the ropes at the state tournament last season and essentially lost because of multiple (warranted) stall calls. He made some match management freshman mistakes in that tournament that cost him a medal but I'm sure he has learned from them and will definitely be one of the top kids in the state this season. 

Anyone who who has watched Isaiah Ryans wrestle knows he is legit. He was a huge part in our 3rd place dual finish last season. He has been stuck behind James and Diehl for a varsity spot but he was very close to taking over that spot from James last season. Watching him battle with James, Story, and Diehl every day in practice makes me confident he will be on that fringe of a state medal, but he still has to prove himself as he has not yet wrestled a full varsity season. 

Arthur weighed 149 the last day of the state tournament last season (when he could have weighed 156). He stopped by practice a couple days ago and weighed 152 with his clothes on. That kid looked like a grown man in 8th grade and hasn't grown since. Now that Pridemore has graduated, expect to see him at 145.