AAA bracket is set

clifford20

Good to see a couple of less familiar teams in the field this year with Tennessee High and Cleveland.    I was looking at the scores for all the AAA sectionals and they were all 3-0, which is disappointing.  It will be interesting to see who the final 4 teams are.  Brentwood is clearly the fav.   I think Siegel might actually be able to make the finals for the first time ever.    Has anyone seen most of these teams play?  Predictions for final 4?  I got Ravenwood, Brentwood, Siegel and HV. 

Bwood vs siegel in final with Bwood winning....again. 

6 hours ago, clifford20 said:

I think Siegel might actually be able to make the finals for the first time ever.   

I don't. Ravenwood is really coming together. They rolled Station Camp in the Regional Final, and I just don't think Siegel has the net presence or side out game to get by them.

I do agree on your final 4, but I think the final will be a close one between the two Woods.

2 hours ago, clifford20 said:

It will come down to serve receive for sure.

just to make sure Siegel gets their due... they actually have a couple of superlative ball handlers in their Libero and their OH1. they are in system quite a bit, and that is part of why I think they are a top 4 team. I just don't think they have quite enough physicality at the net, both on offense and defense, to beat Ravenwood.

That and, as I mentioned earlier, Ravenwood is peaking at the right time.

Mainly agree, Tot. But I will add... I think Ravenwood has as many future college players in their program as Brentwood. I don't know if they have any Power Conference kids, while Brentwood obviously has at least 2 (Logan Eggleston and Garret Joiner), and a couple of freshmen who are probably going to have similar kinds of offers... but there are a ton of Ravenwood kids who will play in college at some level.

This will be interesting today. Ravenwood got the toughest first round match with Collierville. They should win. But then they get Siegel. As noted above, Siegel has a great libero and IMO the best defensive OH in MJ. I also agree though that their weak spot is blocking. Can Ravenwood take advantage of that? The one thing I've noticed is that the Raptors are very inconsistent.  I think their libero is top notch as well. Big setter advantage to the Stars though.

Regardless, I still see the championship match being Brentwood vs. Hardin Valley with the Bruins repeating.

True, but that's about it. Nothing personal on the Siegel setter, I'm sure she's a great kid. I think both Ravenwood setters are more consistent, especially in terms of back sets, connecting with middles, and improving the ball on imperfect passes. Siegel sets their hitters; Ravenwood runs an offense, which is very different.

I do think the Siegel setter has a better command of her team.

All that aside, scoreboard: Ravenwood will have to come up the loser's bracket, whereas Siegel looks like they are scrimmaging their JV team.