106AAA

werazzlin

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, KingGreene said:

Hayden needs a little more time to grow. He's up to about 93 now, but will still be too small to compete at the level to match his skills at 106. He will most likely lose to less talented kids this season simply because of his size. However, he will most likely be our 106 until after Christmas and there is no doubt that he will battle and continue to get better so he can be ready when he is a full size 106. 

Hayden is a great little scrapper.  He is growing and will be a solid 106 by next season.  I wish he had one additional middle school season to grow into the weight class.  Seeing Mann and Seeley recently, I think Hayden will get some mat time as they adjust their weight.  I think Hayden could win Region 1 this season even at 95 lbs after spending a season in the SH room, but he will run into strength and maturity on the statewide scale that will slow him down.  

19 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I disagree. I would have Noah winning by 8. 

Mason McDaniel, Craig Tindall, Michael Scott, James Jabley, Charles Key, Michael Bowerman, et... would drop the hammer.  It does not matter how good your technique is if you are getting crushed by horsepower and cannot move.  Some of these kids could bench press over 200lb while wrestling at 98/lb.  They were men and the rules regarding weight cutting were there were no rules.  Just make weight.

Edited by cbg

I'm really surprised CobraBoy hasn't come on and said it depends on whether you are talking about the individual or dual tournament.  Because duals are all that matter and maybe those old 106's would show up then.  The young kids would probably throw out their medals from individuals or use it as a door stop.  Right Cobra??