Franklin

BooWhoWiseMan

22 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not sure how many of you are familiar with what is going on at Franklin and to a good man/coach in coach Webb but it is disgusting that a college coach would cause such a mess.  Absolutely shameful and I hope the parents support Webb for the stand he has taken.  Another reason to hate Ohio State

I heard that the Wray brothers didn't play against Spring Hill and that the parents had issued a statement. What's going on over there?

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not sure how many of you are familiar with what is going on at Franklin and to a good man/coach in coach Webb but it is disgusting that a college coach would cause such a mess.  Absolutely shameful and I hope the parents support Webb for the stand he has taken.  Another reason to hate Ohio State

Heard some different rumors but nothing substantial. It would be bad if these boys where given some bad advice by a school. 

From what I have been told OSU coach comes to practices to visit his recruit.  Tells recruit he doesn't like how practice is being run due to all the contact and then tells the recruit that he should not practice and only play in the game.  Webb says no practice no play and the parents are throwing a fit.  I do not blame the kid, parents, or Webb.  The college coach has absolutely no place to encourage or make those kinds of statements.  He should be fired on the spot for stupidity!

17 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

From what I have been told OSU coach comes to practices to visit his recruit.  Tells recruit he doesn't like how practice is being run due to all the contact and then tells the recruit that he should not practice and only play in the game.  Webb says no practice no play and the parents are throwing a fit.  I do not blame the kid, parents, or Webb.  The college coach has absolutely no place to encourage or make those kinds of statements.  He should be fired on the spot for stupidity!

He told the sophomore brother not to practice also?  It doesn’t make sense. I bet the truth is a little different than the rumors going around. 

18 minutes ago, bcd said:

He told the sophomore brother not to practice also?  It doesn’t make sense. I bet the truth is a little different than the rumors going around. 

You are probably right but came from a very involved booster member.  Didn't like the amount of hitting in practice from my understanding.  Regardless a college coach should never make those type statements.   Not sure about brother. 

9 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

I have heard that Webb has been a problem for years within the team. This is outrageous that this has happened

If you are saying Webb is the problem then what you are hearing is wrong. The only thing outrageous is any alleged involvement by another coach. If any involvement by another coach is true then either follow rules of coach Webb or follow advice of outsider. Pretty simple to me.

Edited by runtheball
  • Like 1

Hard to know exactly what is going on and would like to see what the school and coach has to say, should they issue a statement. But lets think logically for a minute." IF " a college told you that they were concerned about injuries in practice and you should only play games, and knowing your college was riding on that what would you do or advise your kid to do?  I love High school football as much as anyone, but I would have to consider my kids future as my priority. That being said, I can't imagine that being the case. They have as much contact at OSU as any other major collegiate program and the risk would be the same there. In fact if you are going to be a risk to injury,I would think they would rather know that so they don't put to much priority in a recruit and waste scholarship dollars that may be well served elsewhere. I can see a scenario where Brother decides not to practice based on what has been said, and is told no practice - no play and little brother,(who is also starting) say's then I will not play either ...and gets his wish. I can't imagine that is the way it happened but we will see /hear in time  Either way I hate it for all involved. 

Just a thought.