Franklin

BooWhoWiseMan

5 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

BCD,  if they were worried about a concussion why would they be ok letting them play on Fridays but not practice during the week.  

No idea, but again, who knows if that is even part of the real truth?  I don’t think the Wray parents said that when asked what happened and I haven’t seen any statements by Franklin. 

6 minutes ago, bcd said:

My guess is the Wrays probably didn’t want to make public statements either but were pestered to death by reporter types since the players are very high profile. Again, that’s guessing on my part. 

Maybe so, but IMO it's bad form to go out of your way to try to dirty the reputation of a coach knowing full well he cannot defend himself publicly

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe so, but IMO it's bad form to go out of your way to try to dirty the reputation of a coach knowing full well he cannot defend himself publicly

True, those reporters types can be tricky though where intention and results don’t always jive...

Since this is a Franklin thread, something positive:  

I saw that the budget passed a few weeks back for a lot of nice sports related improvements at FHS.  A turf field, new indoor facility, and lots of other stuff. Not sure of the ETA, but it should be really nice.  The only thing I didn’t like was keeping the track around the football field, but I guess that would have really blew the budget upward.

34 minutes ago, bcd said:

True, those reporters types can be tricky though where intention and results don’t always jive...

Since this is a Franklin thread, something positive:  

I saw that the budget passed a few weeks back for a lot of nice sports related improvements at FHS.  A turf field, new indoor facility, and lots of other stuff. Not sure of the ETA, but it should be really nice.  The only thing I didn’t like was keeping the track around the football field, but I guess that would have really blew the budget upward.

Good for them. I know their freshman team was pretty good. As long as Donnie Webb is there, seasons like this year aren't gonna happen often

• Like 3

OK Mr. BCD.....I'll change SnowFlakes to Quitters- you like that better...by the way are they now on the way to CPA ?..... and you are doing a lot of guessing in this thread!

My last post on this mess caused by 1 family....if you can't see exactly what happened here...I can't help ya any more...

Great job past 2 Friday Nights by Coach Webb and staff!!

Edited by Hoganknows
add on
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hoganknows said:

OK Mr. BCD.....I'll change SnowFlakes to Quitters- you like that better...by the way are they now on the way to CPA ?..... and you are doing a lot of guessing in this thread!

My last post on this mess caused by 1 family....if you can't see exactly what happened here...I can't help ya any more...

Great job past 2 Friday Nights by Coach Webb and staff!!

Perhaps you should read my posts again because I’ve not picked any sides.  No, I don’t think adults calling high school players any names in public forums is good.  I have no clue as to where if anywhere they are headed.  My interest in the topic is because I live in Franklin and my children are zoned to FHS.  

This whole thread is all guessing, so I’m not sure why your guess that they quit which is contradictory to the only public statements made would be more factual. 

On 10/26/2017 at 6:58 AM, BT Mafia said:

I have no dog in this hunt but am curious if anyone other than the Wray family has complained about an unsafe environment or Webb's practice habits.  

Again, has anyone other than the Wray family had an issue with this?  If so, gives a little more credence to their complaint.  If not, why would Webb single them out?

BT, I am not aware of any other complaints, but neither am I close enough to the situation to have any authority. One would think the journalists who first ran with the story would be doing that digging?

That said, what do you mean by singling the Wrays out? Webb didn't initiate anything.