Franklin

BooWhoWiseMan

6 hours ago, Osage said:

I hope the Wrays find what they are looking for.

In 2 years the player will be on a $200k plus scholarship..and the coach will still only be graduating less than 20 seniors each year, while starting with 40 freshman in each class.  Just an overall crap situation that wasn't handled right be either side, but the Franklin situation needs to be further looked into.  So many parents have voice opinions that have not been heard due to other "louder" parents...the social media on all of this has been ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Referee2 said:

In 2 years the player will be on a $200k plus scholarship..and the coach will still only be graduating less than 20 seniors each year, while starting with 40 freshman in each class.  Just an overall crap situation that wasn't handled right be either side, but the Franklin situation needs to be further looked into.  So many parents have voice opinions that have not been heard due to other "louder" parents...the social media on all of this has been ridiculous.

This is a problem. Parents trying to run the program. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

You fellers cant go down that road. Once you give in to parents then their aint no coming back... Parents have ruined more high school teams than coaches. 

1c4cab01-3bda-4703-8e61-33e54d0336c8-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

You got that right. They have tunnel vision and very selfish.

Edited by fb247

2 hours ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

You fellers cant go down that road. Once you give in to parents then their aint no coming back... Parents have ruined more high school teams than coaches. 

1c4cab01-3bda-4703-8e61-33e54d0336c8-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

Overall, I think the parents at Franklin are pretty well grounded. However, I agree with your comment and think that the issue at Franklin was more of a parent problem than anything else. It was a tough situation for the kids to be in. I hope they have great careers.

Edited by Hubbard

3 minutes ago, Hubbard said:

Overall, I think the parents at Franklin are pretty well grounded. However, I agree with your comment and think that the issue at Franklin was more of a parent problem than anything else. It was a tough situation for the kids to be in. I hope they have great careers.

Parents are where kids get the idea that something is wrong or coaches are mistreating kids or do not know what they are doing.  

21 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Parents are where kids get the idea that something is wrong or coaches are mistreating kids or do not know what they are doing.  

Although I agree that parents are a HUGE problem in ALL sports, stories that have came out clearly the kids know they were being mistreated.  Being referred to as "dumb MotherF'rs" and in one instance a player was actually thrown to the ground, doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize right vs. wrong.  There a ton of kids quitting each year...certainly not the kind of role models I'd want for my kids.  I read some twitter feeds where players that graduated were posting about their experiences and there are no parents involved at that point.  It's a darn mess over there.

1 hour ago, Referee2 said:

Although I agree that parents are a HUGE problem in ALL sports, stories that have came out clearly the kids know they were being mistreated.  Being referred to as "dumb MotherF'rs" and in one instance a player was actually thrown to the ground, doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize right vs. wrong.  There a ton of kids quitting each year...certainly not the kind of role models I'd want for my kids.  I read some twitter feeds where players that graduated were posting about their experiences and there are no parents involved at that point.  It's a darn mess over there.

Knowing several parents and players (current and former), I have heard none of that either sitting (just right of the reserved section) with parents every Friday night or otherwise.

Some are frustrated, at times, with the play calling but not with any issues you purport.

Donnie is one of the most respected coaches in the state.

BTW, if the payer is concerned with cursing, he must not be in the locker room much and should not consider playing in college.

Honest question here... I'm reading here that 40+ freshmen start their FHS careers playing football, while Franklin regularly graduates only about half that. What level of attrition would be considered normal (or acceptable, if that is a different answer)?

I think I remember reading somewhere that Brentwood had like 40 something seniors this year. I have no idea if that is normal, nor do I know how many freshmen started playing in the Fall of 2013.

50 minutes ago, Hubbard said:

BTW, if the payer is concerned with cursing, he must not be in the locker room much and should not consider playing in college.

I am hopeful you understand the difference between swearing and verbally attacking someone.  As a coach don't we all have the unwritten or written understanding to:

• Make our players better human beings and better overall citizens
  • Be a role model
  • Coach each player to their individual personalities, meaning some can take strong demands and others need an alternative approach
  • Assist those players that would like to move on to the next level in any means we can
  • Never physically put our hands on a player

Seems fairly simple, and universal throughout all levels of coaching.

Also, Franklin had ZERO players go to college 2 years ago, and I think I heard will have ZERO this year (actually the Wray boy I guess would count as 1 for this year)...so I guess they aren't overly concerned about being sworn at in college.

Edited by Referee2