District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

Not totally shocked on the GB heritage game. Thought gb could be a spoiler. Score is a shocker though. Bomber is right the wh harp game was a good one. Harp seems to find was to win tight games rather grinding or just holding pace. Anyone hear cheath v sycamore outcome?  Rival game could spark better play from both. We will see next week if any new surprises to finish reg season. Agree officials have been awful this year. Wh harp game had a stretch that looked like refs were going to foul key players for both teams out. Though benches played key rolls for both. 

Sycamore and Cheatham was a great game.. Cheatham was up by nine leading into the fourth then sycamore came back and won 49-46. The key to their win was their #45 post who's 6"8 coming in with some key blocks and baskets to help win. Sycamore has played their last 2 games without their 3rd best player due to grades as well, hope to see him back soon. 

8 hours ago, jn2rons said:

Heritage laid an egg on Sr. night.

out coached, out played, even the 8 Greenbrier kids in the gym were louder than our sorry student section.

you can blame me since its the first game I came to. I am going to guess thats not how it usually goes for heritage but from what I saw it wasnt pretty last night! tough loss guys! 

this district has always been fun to watch and read about, the only time you knew anything that was going to happen in this district was that 3 or 4 year run CC had you knew they would make it, just who else would it be. This year I really dont know who the 2 in the finals will be, or even the 4 that make it to region this tourny will be very fun and interesting. As will ours with the new format first round game really matters

Going out on a limb for this quirky season, Heritage and Harpeth will be in the Dist. finals.  Heritage's game against Greenbrier was an anomaly. Keys for Heritage, Eddings hitting enough threes to open defense up, Oskin staying in the game out of foul trouble, and the team playing together and for each other.  Wouldn't hurt to get Petrone back too.  They're hard to beat when that's happening.  Only seen it once this year at White House.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:29 PM, tunderwood5 said:

Sycamore hosts heritage tomorrow night it should be a great battle.. Any predictions? I think Sycamore wins 65-60 in a tightly contested game, the game changers are Syc's post #45 and #25 coming through with big plays down the stretch. 

Real close prediction. #25 had a great game for Sycamore. That and the pressure on defense is what kept them in the game.

• Like 1

Balling have any idea of district records for 10AA . Know east undefeated 

pearl cohn 7/3 missing one game though 

whites creek 6/3 missing one game also bottom 3 MLK, HUME FOGG , and Pearl cohn 2/6 missing couple games probably . Just wondering if you had true records over there . Might go check out east/ whites creek tonight 

B52 here you go 

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/standings/standings.cfm?seasonid=321&groupid=23,60,85,71,

Rank    Team        District    
1    East Nashville    10-0        
2    Stratford             7-3            
3    Whites Creek     7-3           
4    Hume-Fogg        2-6         
5    Maplewood        3-6        
6    MLK                     2-6       
7    Pearl Cohn         2-7          

I watched the East vs Stratford game online about a week ago.  East looked good, but I think that they're capable of playing better. Stratford looks beatable if someone can force them to shoot. 

Edited by jn2rons

East is very good and capable of playing better than they did against Stratford. That's a big rivalry game and there were a ton of ticky tack fouls called on both teams that wouldn't be called during tournament time. Stratford is very athletic but as you said not a great shooting team. They have a couple players that can make mid range shots but most points come from drives.