blount county recruiting office

PeriodicPoster57

I can't speak for Alcoa but I can say for Maryville you have to be some kind of salesman to talk a family into paying $2,200 tuition so your son can come there and play football.  If I were guessing there couldn't be three or four kids that are paying tuition and I can really only think of one and their second string.  Back in the seventies a lot of kids ventured out of the county to avoid having to go to school at Everett High because the ceiling was actually falling down inside the building and the football team sucked. From that time people have created stories which have grown legs and took off running because they can't stand why the county teams here can't win. The county is a good old boy's system robbing Peter and screwing Paul. Take a good look at William Blount hiring a man under investigation by the State and has went 2-9, 2-9 and 1-9 and the closest excuse they can come up with is that one of their best players transferred to Maryville and The Word of the Day is depressing the kids instead of admitting the place is full of RAT'S and run by a con man.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I can't speak for Alcoa but I can say for Maryville you have to be some kind of salesman to talk a family into paying $2,200 tuition so your son can come there and play football.  If I were guessing there couldn't be three or four kids that are paying tuition and I can really only think of one and their second string.  Back in the seventies a lot of kids ventured out of the county to avoid having to go to school at Everett High because the ceiling was actually falling down inside the building and the football team sucked. From that time people have created stories which have grown legs and took off running because they can't stand why the county teams here can't win. The county is a good old boy's system robbing Peter and screwing Paul. Take a good look at William Blount hiring a man under investigation by the State and has went 2-9, 2-9 and 1-9 and the closest excuse they can come up with is that one of their best players transferred to Maryville and The Word of the Day is depressing the kids instead of admitting the place is full of RAT'S and run by a con man.

You’re either a homer for Maryville or very naive to think parents won’t spend that money for little Johnny to have a state championship ring. That’s a drop in the bucket buddy.