2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

I have seen CCHS play.  Matter of fact i just witnessed them get beat very soundly by SMHS.  Where were those proven scores for CCHS when they needed them?  I also didn't see those 8-9 CCHS players that supposedly would start for SMSH.   It's hard to win against a quality team when your not at full strength.  I really thought CCHS would adjust there game plan but it didn't look like it.        

18 minutes ago, ADMIRAL said:

I have seen CCHS play.  Matter of fact i just witnessed them get beat very soundly by SMHS.  Where were those proven scores for CCHS when they needed them?  I also didn't see those 8-9 CCHS players that supposedly would start for SMSH.   It's hard to win against a quality team when your not at full strength.  I really thought CCHS would adjust there game plan but it didn't look like it.        

If you were at that game, then you saw that cchs was called for 19 fouls in the first half, while getting hammered on the offensive end. Hard to adjust your game when you're not allowed to play defense.  No team could have been competitive under those circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, UTRok said:

I just saw the score board and was blown away. Was CCHS missing half of their team? I know CCHS beat Stone 12/5 by 10 but to turn around 2 weeks later and lose by 37. Wow is all I can say. Maybe those Div 1 guard that were mentioned in a previous post showed up tonight.

No d1 guards for stone, just some good old fashioned home cooking. 

31 minutes ago, ADMIRAL said:

Where are you sitting and I'll come say hello

Really..so your going to play the ref card.  Looked like to me CCHS was a step slow tonight.  If your going to play that aggressive defense then your going to foul.  Especially when you reach and body that much.  Thats the way the game was called.   CCHS didn't make any adjustments.  Live or die with a press and the 3 ball.  No way they can press Upperman for a whole game.

7 minutes ago, ADMIRAL said:

Really..so your going to play the ref card.  Looked like to me CCHS was a step slow tonight.  If your going to play that aggressive defense then your going to foul.  Especially when you reach and body that much.  Thats the way the game was called.   CCHS didn't make any adjustments.  Live or die with a press and the 3 ball.  No way they can press Upperman for a whole game.

Obviously, you werent at the game. No one could have watched that game, and not believe that that was possibly the worst called game in high school basketball. You can't adjust your game when you aren't allowed to play defense, and the other team is playing football. 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:07 AM, Dadof2 said:

I would also add Graninger in over Carter and Fulton.. they lost to South Green by one tonight.

I think you are correct to watch Grainger as they are a strong team. South Greene will look different from here on out. They have not had two starters all season and were down three starters in the Grainger game. Two have been released to play and the other most likely will be released very shortly. All three are guards. I have been impressed with how well they have compromised down that many key players. 

Edited by Rebel82

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Vol2Vol2 said:

McMinn Central had nothing for Cumberland county when they played them Nov 20th. They will play again on Feb 9th. Guess we will see if they have improved by then. Don't see either of those teams being any competition for Cumberland county or Upperman. Time will tell.

When is the last time Cumberland County played at the McMinn Central or Meigs?

Both are very challenging environments.  A win by Cumberland at either venue would be impressive,